Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Reliable Power Adders

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingpimp
n2o, CAI, headers and exhaust, tune, pulleys. Those should be pretty easy to pull off if you ever needed to have some warranty work performed.
does anyone know if the headers and exhaust for the 07 classic is going to fit on the nbs 07. as for tune would you recommend the diablo sport. i dont want to be in a jam where i have to take my truck in and have to wait for a stock computer, if the the mail-order guys even do that. also, does the hp tuner store the factory program so i would be able to switch back and forth without being charged credits?

Originally Posted by adam1803
STS kits are pretty easy to take off if the need were to arise, it would only take a couple of hours. Other than that though i see a 125-150 wet shot being your best bet.
125-150???? i was thinking maybe 75 if not less. wouldnt the 125-150 jack my motor in the long run. how long is my tranny gonna last with the sts kit on and my foot constantly on the pedal
Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
1. wouldnt the 125-150 jack my motor in the long run. 2. how long is my tranny gonna last with the sts kit on and my foot constantly on the pedal
1. many people run 100-shot 1slowz71 said he ran 150shot on his 5.3 and his motor was perfect inside when he pulled it ( to upsize motor NOT because he blew it or anything - he didnt blow it)

2. not very long probably 2 weeks at the most
Old 01-17-2007, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

your motor will be fine with the 100 shot or 125.
its the tranny that would have me concerned. DONT SPRAY THROUGH THE SHIFTS and it should hold up for awhile.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=mcfarlnd]does anyone know if the headers and exhaust for the 07 classic is going to fit on the nbs 07. as for tune would you recommend the diablo sport. i dont want to be in a jam where i have to take my truck in and have to wait for a stock computer, if the the mail-order guys even do that. also, does the hp tuner store the factory program so i would be able to switch back and forth without being charged credits?

You can buy another pcm and keep a stock tune on it. When I did my 02 pcm upgrade, I kept my 99 pcm. You can change your tune back to stock with hptuenrs without using any extra credits. The credit system will let you license your truck for two credits, then you can make as many changes as you want to that truck. So yes, you can save and use your stock tune if you ever need to do so without any extra charges.

I don't know enough about the diablo sport to recommend or not recommend it. I bought hptuners since there are no tuners within a 1,500 mile range and I have a bunch of things sitting on the floor waiting to be installed.

I'm not trying to turn you off of buying your own tuning software, but it's pretty complicated stuff, so unless you are willing to invest a lot of time, then go with a mail-order or dyno tune. Just pay a little extra and tell them you want to keep your stock pcm. Or go to a junkyard and get a stock pcm from the same truck and have the tuner program that.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Un-Registered User

yeah, i never sprayed through shifts in the truck i have now and the tranny has lasted 92,000. but thats w/ a v6 and just boltons.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Un-Registered User

are the pcms the same from the classics to the new body styles. would any drive by wire pcm work.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
are the pcms the same from the classics to the new body styles. would any drive by wire pcm work.
I am not sure. You may want to search or post a new question. If you decide on a tuning program or a tuner - you should go to their respective forums and ask. I know hptuners has a forum and I think efilive has one as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Un-Registered User

thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Un-Registered User

what cam would be good for the 4.8. the cam stick is down. i dont want to restall or gat a new converter. someone was talking about the ls6 cam. would that be a good choice? how much lift and duration? sorry so many questions. but, i dont want to do things twice if i dont like it. thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

lingenfelter gt2-3 cam with a 125 shot. Get your intake, headers, tune. THat 125 shot will be fine if you get a good tune/tuner.

Your going to want a converter. Wether you denie it now or not you will wnat it!!!!

Quick Reply: Reliable Power Adders