Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Replacing Whipple AUX injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing Whipple AUX injectors?

Would there be any benefit to replacing the whipple aux injectors with larger ones?
Old 06-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe. if you run more boost. even better is getting rid of them and replacing stock injectors with bigger ones.my whipple picked up horsepower and runs a little quicker while shifting at 900 rpm less thaan i did before.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really is a bandaid that whipple did to add more fuel -it is not by any means a good way to inject fuel. If you did want to upgrade them, you will have to get some Mototron 60lb high impedence injectors or some Siemens (i think that is what they are called) 57lb/hr injectors because those auxilary injectors are already 42lb/hr.

Unless you are pretty well versed with edit and you are able to tune your own stuff, I would save up some more cash and get a Nelson tune for eight larger injectors and just disconnect the auxilary injectors. The better fueling characteristics with eight larger injectors rather than running larger auxilary injectors alone will get you a lot of horsepower gain.

With your two belt setup whipple it is still very easy to bypass the whipple computer and reroute the blowoff vacuum lines. (If you even have to reroute those lines on the older bypass setup) I know the older kits have a mechanical blowoff that many make work without the whipple computer. Parish8 knows how.

-eight larger injectors
-Nelson tune for the injectors and whipple
-pull the whipple computer junk
=Very nice hp gains.

-larger auxilaries
=another bandaid