Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Returnless Fuel Module Observations

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Om top of the filter canister, the fartherest one away from the fpr in the inlet from the pump, and the center port is the feed line to the rails. I tried to get that filter canister apart to see what the inside looks like, but I think you'd probably ruin the canister before you got it apart.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

More pics, hope these help
This is what the inside of the 04 returnless truck bucket looks like

This is the bottom of the same bucket

Old 07-08-2007, 07:04 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Om top of the filter canister, the fartherest one away from the fpr in the inlet from the pump, and the center port is the feed line to the rails. I tried to get that filter canister apart to see what the inside looks like, but I think you'd probably ruin the canister before you got it apart.
Looks pretty similar to my filter except for the FPR.
Attached Thumbnails Returnless Fuel Module Observations-picture-004.jpg   Returnless Fuel Module Observations-image004.jpg  
Old 07-08-2007, 07:20 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

More pics, hope these help
This is what the inside of the 04 returnless truck bucket looks like

This is the bottom of the same bucket

I like the 2 fill/equalization valves. Another advantage over the Avalanche bucket. Is there a mechanism for regulating the flow to the venturi/siphon system? I assume that there is just a small jet that sprays into the venturi tube and the rest of the return from the FPR goes back into the tank. Is there a restricted opening at the end of the horizontal tube on the bottom of the bucket as well as the upward facing jet?

That type of bucket might work for me. Might have to cut it down a little though. Pity to buy a whole module just for the outer bucket. Maybe I can find a used one to experiment with. Do you know th part # of that module(MU_ _ _ _)? I see several for the 04s depending on body style.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the top pic, the fpr fits tightly into the tube on the left. I think all the returned fuel goes down that tube, across the venturi on the bottom, and also sucke fuel into the bucket, then rises up the tube on the left to fill the bucket. On this one, the filter sock is completely inside the bucket. Fuel from outside enters either thru the 2 rubber flapper valves, or by way of the return/venturi system.

I don't have any part #'s, sorry, I got this one off E-Bay 2 years ago. I'd like to see all the engineering drawings related just to fuel pickups!!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

What body style is that module for?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
What body style is that module for?

Reg. Cab Short Bed

From your pics, yours does look quite a bit different, wonder why.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Reg. Cab Short Bed

From your pics, yours does look quite a bit different, wonder why.
Other than the height difference that is probably related to tank height, I don't know why they would use different methods of driving the venturi and different pump designs. Could also be related to the tank design. Maybe one is better at scavenging. The truck module appears better suited for higher output applications though.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really like the design, except for the regulator in the tank. Ever try adjusting the pressure via the "tamperproof" adjuster? I cranked mine in 1/2 turn, but I think I'm also chasing a bad sending unit. I'll put a mechanical gauge on it tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:45 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

I really like the design, except for the regulator in the tank. Ever try adjusting the pressure via the "tamperproof" adjuster? I cranked mine in 1/2 turn, but I think I'm also chasing a bad sending unit. I'll put a mechanical gauge on it tomorrow.
No adjustment on mine. My FPR was just a ball and spring arrangement.
Just trying to plan out what I am going to do with the tank module when I get back from vacation. Hopefully the current pump gets me to the CAFCNA national GTG and back.

Quick Reply: Returnless Fuel Module Observations