Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Rings are blown, 6.0 time need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
Ah so he's by "The Armpit" too? I suppose that's up between Dallas and Texarkana on 30? It takes me about 3hrs to get to Texarkana from herre on my way to Hot Springs.

If ya need some help... just ask I could make a trip there.
I dont mean to jack the thread, but that is the 2nd time I know of for fact that you have offered a member your help in the past week. That is very cool of you. A single offer of that nature speaks volumes about a persons character. Very Cool.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:38 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these motors last a long time it seems and take alot of abuse in stock form. i would just drop it right in. i ran a 12.77 in an ext cab with a whipple and stock 6.0.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I dont mean to jack the thread, but that is the 2nd time I know of for fact that you have offered a member your help in the past week. That is very cool of you. A single offer of that nature speaks volumes about a persons character. Very Cool.
I was thinkin' the same thing. Too bad we don't all live closer together. We could all ...
Old 04-25-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
I was thinkin' the same thing. Too bad we don't all live closer together. We could all ...
That would be cool. Sorry, end of my thread jacking.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the 6.0 would be nice, if the price is right. What year is the truck it came out of? 6.0s are stong and have alittle lower compression. If you do get the 6.0, I would pull the pan regardless.
Did the rings score the cylinder wall? You could hone it and put some rings in it, if all else fails. It wouldn't be a upgrade but it would work.

P.S. I was right about the rings. Happened to me twice.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

HitMan has offered me help too. I didn't take it since I was at someone elses house working on my heap. I must say ... that was mighty nice of him.

Anyways .. on with the thread .. I think if you do something, get the 6. At the very least then you could put some rod bolts in it. That would give you a good chance to look at the rod journals and see what kind of build up is in the pan if any. I say .. go for the 6 and cam it or whatever later.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

alright guys,, i just rapped up slappin my truck back together,,, still got the ole missfire and everything else. Im a little confused as to why i would want to change rod bolts? are the 6.0's prone to flingin rods? Also,, too all you who called "rings", sorry for doubting you! Of course if you were in my shoes, you would be hoping for something as simple as head gaskets. lol Im gonna go and check on that 6.0 tomorrow. How bout this,, how much would you pay for a 6.0 with unknown miliage, the truck was burnt insided,, unsure about motor burns, the intake was shaved in half cuz it was run underneath a semi trailer, and i think most of the top accessories are missing?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offer $400,the worst that could happens is they turn you down.If they take it you've still got some money for mods.If they say no tell them you need to know the milage.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:54 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as it is an 01 or newer i would probably go 7-800 if they would give a basic "it will run" warrenty. less if it is "as is". start low though, you can always go up.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

just our of curisoity,, what is the hp on those engines?

Quick Reply: Rings are blown, 6.0 time need help