Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Rocker Switch wiring problems!!! AAGGHH!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rocker Switch wiring problems!!! AAGGHH!

I'm trying to wire up a 3 way rocker switch to my Flex-a-lite VSC that will override the fans and keep them on at 100% power but I can't get it to work!! I have 3 pins on the rear of the switch. The switch has a green LED that lights up when you turn it on and I can't get any power to it or even get it to light. It hought I had a bad switch, but I wired up another one and still have no power. OK, according to flex-a-lites diagram, you run the center pin to a ground, the top pin to the VSC and the bottom pin to a 12V source. The only markings on the back of my switch are on one of the top pins, it has a + and a - underneath the pin. My question is, should this pin be running to the VSC or to 12V? Actually the only pin I'm sure of where it goes is the middle, which is a ground. I have the + pin wired up to 12V right now and the other outside pin to the VSC.
BTW, the + or - terminal is colored gold and the other two are colored silver, if this makes a difference..I'm sure it has something to do with the polarity but I don't know what! I tried to reverse some wires and **** and ended up blowing fuses all over the place, now my fans aren't working at all! I'll wait to try something else when i get someone who can help me!!
I'm gonna try and reverse those and see if it works. ANY HELP??? WIRING GURUS???
Old 02-22-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

TTT ANyone got any idea to help a bruddah out on this???
Old 02-22-2004, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

sounds like you have it right. + to 12v and - to gnd. the other to whatever load you are switching. bad switch?
Old 02-24-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I may've figured it out...I went back to work and looked at the back of a package and it had a diagram on the back of it, turns out the middle post is for the accesory you're trying to run...the FLEXALITE instructions were wrong!!