Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Royal Purple!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
Well im going to switch oils and iv seen alot of threads about this stuff so i want to try it out. now my question is i have always used the lucas oil stabilazer should i or even need to use it w/ the royal purple??? thanks in advance guys!!
I changed oil at a dealership and Kwik Kar for about 3 years and if you buy the RP for O'Reilly's, you will spend right under $50 dollars for the oil change(this is in Houston, price per. qt. was about $5.68). IMHO I would not waste the money on RP unless you have a full out race truck, or something you run at the track. I ran royal purple for about a year when I first got my truck, and it worked really well. But then I cried every time I saw the price of the oil change that I was doing myself. I just don't trust going over 3k miles with any oil in my engine regardless of what it is.

Last edited by SmokedSierra01; 07-17-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SmokedSierra01
If you have been using conventional oil w/ stabilizer, do not bother going to RP or any other Synthetic. Once you run regular oil through your motor you will not receive the same benefits from the synthetic oil.

100% wrong
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmokedSierra01
If you have been using conventional oil w/ stabilizer, do not bother going to RP or any other Synthetic. Once you run regular oil through your motor you will not receive the same benefits from the synthetic oil.
I have never heard that before. Most of the cars and trucks in the US do not come with synthetic from the factory so they would have had dino oil. Are you saying the stabilizer is the issue?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I am talking about the stabilizer might cause the issue.. I have only heard bad things about it...just word of some mechanics. But also if you run a synthetic after you have been running a conventional oil for awhile, it will actually clean out the motor and if you have any leaks you will start to see them. Sorry I will try and be a little more clear next time.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2redgmc
BTW the site is an Amsoil sponsored site.
I find that hard to believe after reading this article:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/gearoiltest.htm

There is a comparison of a Schaeffer gear oil to an Amsoil gear oil and the Schaeffer oil won. Can't imagine why that would be posted if Amsoil had such a heavy influence on the site...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tb8100
I find that hard to believe after reading this article:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/gearoiltest.htm

There is a comparison of a Schaeffer gear oil to an Amsoil gear oil and the Schaeffer oil won. Can't imagine why that would be posted if Amsoil had such a heavy influence on the site...
Believe what you want.

Schaeffer's is a sponsor and the independent Amsoil dealers are cash contribution sponsors.

The site has been after RP to sponsor the site sence 2002 when it came on line.

I could have told youthat Schaeffer's oil was going to out perform the Amsoil product.

Schaeffer's makes some good oil. Amsoil to but IMO the Schaeffer's is better than Amsoil.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

2redgmc - It appears you work for Royal Purple. If so can you clarify again what the recommended oil/filter change intervals are for a daily driven vehicle? I know it has been covered on here just want to hear it from the horse's mouth.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i think i read that he changes his every 10K with royal purple. im guna make the swap and change it every 6-8 cuz im sure i drive harder than 2red.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

I run RP, and change the filter every 3,000, and the oil every 6,000
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

I run RP XPR in the motor, Max ATF in the tranny, Max Gear in the diff and Purple Ice additive in the radiator... Royal Purple

Quick Reply: Royal Purple!!!