Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Santa came in March, But did I get what I asked for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99BlAcKz71
well, I got it for $510+shipping...which that actually put me over your mark...close to $1200 and it to was 100% complete.

HOLY ****, you payed almost $700 on shipping! Where the hell did this thing come from...other side of the planet?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys want to sell the DBW throttle bodies??? I need some cores...
Old 03-17-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep i basicly got raped in *** on that one... it came from grand juction, CO, but the guy who sold it to me told me it wirghed 275lbs....and me not having any clue what it actually weighed, got a quote for 275 lbs. which was $226.43 well when it showed up they told me I owed like $750. HOLY ****!!! is basicly what I said, but I couldnt do anything about it so later I called the shipping co. and asked them why the shipping was so outrageous and told them I probably should have been notified in advance of these charges. its a good thing I didnt go with a different shipping co. that had originally quoted me between $400 and $600 for the 275 lb weight.

basically I am goin to be selling a lot of parts on this motor, hopefully to recoupe some of my cash. so, SS bnoon SS, what would the dbw tb be worth to you?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And why did you pay it. They are **** out of luck if they quote you one thing then later on change their mind. I wouldnt have given them a penny over the original quote.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
And why did you pay it. They are **** out of luck if they quote you one thing then later on change their mind. I wouldnt have given them a penny over the original quote.
I think he asked how much it would be to ship 275lbs. They just charged what it actually weighed which was probalby around 500lbs. That sucks on the shipping though .
Old 03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Damn man, my motor came from RI and Im in Fl. The total weight was 642lbs and I paid $175. I did get a free torn bicep when my dumb *** picked it up out of the back of my truck with a buddy.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Defeats the purpose of going to a 90mm intake to put a 78mm tb on it. You need a 90/90 combo. Use the rear cover off your 5.3 and you will be fine for your stroker crank.
What do you mean use the rear cover off of your 5.3. I am going to be putting in a shorter crank in my iron headed 6.0 but don't see where the rear cover would make a difference.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just as a referrence point for the DBW in pre-03' trucks, the trucks with traction control all included the DBW throttle bodies. this means you could have a 99' even with a drive by wire throttle body. If i recall this was all 2wd only with the exception of the stabilitrac system in awd models.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:02 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you bought supposly a 02 motor? but found out its an 99/00? that motor may have more mile on then you know. someoen might of put it i na 02 since they needed a motor and then sold it to you. it sounds like a shady deal
Old 03-18-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I originally got a quote for the 275 lb weight, but it wieghed 580 something. I wish I could have just not payed them, but I wouldnt have got my motor, and the delivery guy would have probably said to call the company and work it out. Then he probably would have charged my an additional cost for a dry run. Ya it sucks, and the guy who sold it to me, who is a tech at the chevy dealership, is a moron.

I tore the motor down completly last night. I found some things wrong, and I also noticed some good things too.

-The cylinder walls look very nice, and still have the factory cross hatching.
-everything looked like it was in very good condition other than the #4 and#7 pistons(the ones that supposedly had piston slap) were slightly darker than the others.

The only things that I found wrong were:
-One of the head gaskets was on backwards...
-There is an intake manifold stud jammed in one of the valves
But it doesnt look like there was any damage done by it, it just got stuck when the motor was probably turned a little after he put it pack together. I havnt got it out yet because I didnt have a valvespring compressor....So I will get it out tonight.

He told me that he had taken it apart to figure out where the piston slap came from and put new gaskets on it, so this tells my that it was he who screwed it up. I would never want this guy working on my truck, thats for damn sure.

I didnt have my good camera with me so all of the pics I took were with my camera phone lol. I will post them up later today.

I will also be selling the following items:

- rockers, valves/valvesprings, pushrods
- Cylinder heads (iron 873's)
- timing chain
- intake manifold
- rotating assm. or seterate, rods, pistons, crank
- DBW Throttle Body
- Cam
- 6.0L head gaskets(new)
- Fuel rails and Injectors
- Exhaust manifolds
- EGR valve
- Plug wires

I'll post these up later today in the cassified section and I will have quality pics on monday or tuesday.

Last edited by 99BlAcKz71; 03-18-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Santa came in March, But did I get what I asked for?