Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

screen delete on MAF

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by treyZ28
your wrong and talking out of your ***. the MAF tables are calculating under the assumption that the airflow is laminar. Varrying values of turbulence are much more difficult to tune for and certainlyl not even close to linear. you will see that TOTALLY diffirent formulas are used based on how turbulent or laminar air flow is. No screen = crapshoot. screen = laminar. much easier to tune for. You can tune without out, but its a pita and pointless.

excellent work, most admirable.
Calm down dude he was just saying it did nothing for his truck. Not everyone knows as much about tuning as you do.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my screen out after i put a k&n on it and i could tell no difference.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:55 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i had to find a new screened maf because my tuner was having problems with it. readings were all over the place. after a screened maf he says it reads perfect and tuned out better.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

your wrong and talking out of your ***. the MAF tables are calculating under the assumption that the airflow is laminar. Varrying values of turbulence are much more difficult to tune for and certainlyl not even close to linear. you will see that TOTALLY diffirent formulas are used based on how turbulent or laminar air flow is. No screen = crapshoot. screen = laminar. much easier to tune for. You can tune without out, but its a pita and pointless.

excellent work, most admirable.
Your an idiot, and always will be in my book.
On "my" truck it made no difference! Runs, idles, and reacts the same. Maybe different applications will cause problems when you remove it. In my particular case, it made no difference. My 1/4 mi run shows to be the same with or without it.
If I were to give him advise, I would say leave it alone.
If I were to give you advise, I'd have to say eat sh*t!

Jim
Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Your an idiot, and always will be in my book.
On "my" truck it made no difference! Runs, idles, and reacts the same. Maybe different applications will cause problems when you remove it. In my particular case, it made no difference. My 1/4 mi run shows to be the same with or without it.
If I were to give him advise, I would say leave it alone.
If I were to give you advise, I'd have to say eat sh*t!

Jim

Again, some of your finest and most admirable work Jim. Throw some lambdas in your manifolds/headers and I'll be the bard they are far less stable without the screen in there.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Again, some of your finest and most admirable work Jim. Throw some lambdas in your manifolds/headers and I'll be the bard they are far less stable without the screen in there.
If I ever seen you down at HRP, the only thing I'll be throwing is my fist in your face.
Then those lambdas get shoved up your A$$!

Jim
Old 11-23-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whew... now that the flame war is over with...

anyone have the screen or a maf w/ a screen that i can buy for cheap? Mine has been running terrible after doing it
Old 11-23-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
If I ever seen you down at HRP, the only thing I'll be throwing is my fist in your face.
Then those lambdas get shoved up your A$$!

Jim
I honestly cant beleive that pickup truck drivers are stereotyped as intollerant, angry, ignorant rednecks. Do you have any idea where this comes from?

Again, some more of your finest work. You really showed me. Clearly, if "those lambdas get shoved up my A$$!" then you were right and descreening the MAF didn't do anything.

Perhaps you should concider becoming informed because laughing at someone elses post.

Best of Luck,
Trey
Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Keep it to PM guys
Old 11-23-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Clearly, if "those lambdas get shoved up my A$$!" then you were right and descreening the MAF didn't do anything.
Sooooooo, would those up the afterside Lambdas show any gain on the "butt dyno" then??? Or would you first have to port match your anus?

Sorry guys, even without feeling anything, descreening the MAF makes changes for the worse in fuel trim. Proven over and over again. People that don't have scanners or tuning ability are the only ones that make this a recurring controversy on virtually every car/truck related BB out there in cyber space.

Quick Reply: screen delete on MAF