Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

screen delete on MAF

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
Sooooooo, would those up the afterside Lambdas show any gain on the "butt dyno" then??? Or would you first have to port match your anus?

Sorry guys, even without feeling anything, descreening the MAF makes changes for the worse in fuel trim. Proven over and over again. People that don't have scanners or tuning ability are the only ones that make this a recurring controversy on virtually every car/truck related BB out there in cyber space.
Allen has been tuning mine in person. He has tuned it twice already. He has yet found any problems with any readings.
That's not to say another person wouldn't have problems or fluctuating readings.

Jim
Old 11-23-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
Sooooooo, would those up the afterside Lambdas show any gain on the "butt dyno" then??? Or would you first have to port match your anus?

Sorry guys, even without feeling anything, descreening the MAF makes changes for the worse in fuel trim. Proven over and over again. People that don't have scanners or tuning ability are the only ones that make this a recurring controversy on virtually every car/truck related BB out there in cyber space.

the pcm is going to be working hard to get the right amount of fuel in there and spark corrected.

the MAF will be telling it to add fuel and the O2 sensors telling it to lean it out- or vice versa.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:29 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I de screened mine. After the cam swap I have major Idle surge. I have a mail order tune. Its pretty much gone away since the CAI, but weve had cooler air, and my truck was in the shop for a few weeks dining on a tranny . Anyway, Im fixin to get HPT, will I be able to get it right, and can the screen being removed cause any of my IDLE surge, or is it in the tune? Any tips for tuning a descreened maf much appreciated.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

why not just re-screen it?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I think about the only reason to de-screen a MAF is if you are running a dry shot of nitrous. The screen has been known to freeze over and freak the computer out. Even still there is not much point in doing it.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a descreened MAF I'll sell someone. I ended up buying a new one.

Removing the screen gives you no feeling, good or bad, but it will mess with the readings in a negative way. I'd leave it in there. If you're determined to try it, buy my descreened MAF.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Trey and Chevy, you 2 need to knock it off. We're all entitled to our own opinions. If ya'll disagree on something so firmly, take it to PM's. I'd hate to have to lock the thread because of you 2.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:30 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by treyZ28
why not just re-screen it?

Cause I didnt realise there was a ring holding it in, and I ruined it getting it out. You know where I can pick up the screen?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

just get a new maf

www.car-part.com

you can also try to get something similar at say.. home-depot.

Before we had a housing for the car in development, we tack welded some screen into the maf housing. (actually i think our adaptor prohibited the use of a screen. we were waiting on new adaptors)
Old 11-23-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flyer
Trey and Chevy, you 2 need to knock it off. We're all entitled to our own opinions. If ya'll disagree on something so firmly, take it to PM's. I'd hate to have to lock the thread because of you 2.
Sorry if I caused trouble ...

We are all quit aware of what was said above. An apology is more than sufficient.

Thanks

Last edited by Flyer; 11-25-2005 at 09:01 AM. Reason: User egging on arguement

Quick Reply: screen delete on MAF