Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Seriously Need Help...Craziness...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously Need Help...Craziness...

Well all, here is the situation I am in..I bought a 78 chevy c10 from Rhode Island. I live in Connecticut and like all vehicles out of state with this old of age requires a vin check...The truck has work done to it and the only vin tag is on the driver side. Truck frame has been black coated, different motor, left front driver side windshield is not there, so to sum it up only 1 tag. CT, states is a RI issue. I drive 2 hrs today with the previous owner of the truck to talk to everyone. Still I get no where. Truck was registered and Insured in RI, and RI is a non-title state. Title is from Mass. Its been such aggravation with this stuff...

I have exhausted all my options and I guess need to find a company to stamp a replacement chevy vin for a 1978 C10. I have the mass title, the previous owners RI plates with registration, bill of sale, and a stamped document from the RI DMV stated the registration is legit.

I feel there is nothing illegal that I am doing, but please correct me if I am wrong..

I work for the state in mass and was hoping for a courtesy from the DMV inspector, but of course that didnt happen. Hence this wild goose chase.

Please Help..Thanks to all I appreciate it.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is more than one place to get it done might try different dmv spot. Here in ks the old man comes out looks at and says yep its a chevy.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

So where's the problem at as long as the vin on the windshield match's the title you should be GTG. Damm frame and other various parts could have been replaced over the life of the vehicle and not match anyhow. Trucks 35 years old. title laws vary greatly from state to state DMV in your state is the only place to get answers to your questions. Or go find a used car lot on a seedy side of town and talk to those guys' they know all the damm loopholes.