Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Shortblock and heads are here

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KB has the mentality that thier **** don't stink. The RADIX is intercooler .. the KB isn't. Their response for not having an intercooler is that they don't need it because thier blower is far superior to the roots style blower. I've also heard lots of horror stories about their customer service as though they don't care about after the sale service or not really before the sale service from some of the things I've heard. Someone said they called them to talk about a blower for our trucks and they were acting as though they were doing us a favor for answering questions.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whitt, ever get your injectors installed on the Radix fuel rail? Think I'm going with Siemens 60lb, high z, injectors. The 57lb'rs are just not out there right now and I'm not waiting around a month. From what I hear, the 60s are fairly easy to get. We'll find out today.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Yea, Whitt... inquireing minds want to know.

Ben, when do you plan on having your new motor done?
Old 05-12-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigKID
Ben, when do you plan on having your new motor done?
Hopefully, about 3 weeks.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:14 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whitt1
I'm using the 9199PT gaskets because TEA said use Graphite and Keith Craft said that I needed at least .052"compressed thickness to have a .037"piston to head clearance the 9199PTs should give .039"piston to head clearance.If you know of a better graphite head gasket let me know and I'll buy it.
Sounds like your pistons are .015" up out of the hole.....WOW! I had heard of some being .012" up. Wonder why they run them so high?
Old 05-16-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whitt, any update on your install?

I got my motor out Friday to be bored out and built. Had to order Siemens 60lb, high Z, injectors, since the 57lbrs you guys got are nearly non-existent. Have you started to pipe in your injectors to the Radix yet? Doesn't look extremely difficult, but looks can be deceiving.

You may have given this once before, but what are you going to do about a crank pulley? Assuming your shaft is keyed, did you just get the stock pulley cut, or go with something like ATI? Just curious. I think I may cut my stock pulley, then get a stock replacement ATI later on. Hmmm.....I wonder if they would make an 8" pulley to create more boost without spinning the Radix more?
Old 05-16-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dunno about the rest of the stuff Ben, but I think he mentioned he was getting the crank pulley keyed as well.

If you got a larger crank pulley, it in affect would spin the blower faster, which is what gives you the more boost. It would just do it without aving to put a smaller pulley on the RADIX snout. I always like looking at the gears on a mountain bike to figure stuff like that out, in relative terms anyways. If you leave the chain on the back sproket the same, and move to a larger one up front, if you peddled just as fast as you were, you woul be going faster, which is turning the wheel faster still. That would directly relae to putting a bigger crank pulley on. It would also have a negative affect on the belt accesories which may cancel out the gains of any additional boost.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to busy to get much done.I'm going to try to put everything together this week.I'm still waiting for my Evans waterpump.I did have the stock pulley keyed,I don't think a larger pulley will help,because you will max the revs on the supercharger to early.The max rated revs for the supercharger is 14,000 and the max before the rotors start having harmonic vibrations is 16,000.With the stock crank pulley and a 2.75" supercharger pulley you'll hit 16,000 supercharger rpm,at about 5900 engine rpm.I may look into a ATI pulley in the future especially if I go with a 3300AX supercharger,ATI said they would build a custom pulley for my application for $600.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Whitt, where did you get your Evan's stuff at? Let me know how it works, I've been thinking about going to the NPG.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been on order from Nasty Performance for about 2 months,they said that the trucks used a different size pulley,so they had to custom fabracate a prototype for my truck.Evans said that the demand would be high enough to warrant making them for trucks so they should be available after they ship mine hopefully this week.I ordered the 160 degree thermostat,4 gallons of NPG coolant and a 7lb radiator cap.

Quick Reply: Shortblock and heads are here