Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Silverado SS exhaust, I maybe getting one.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Silverado SS exhaust, I maybe getting one.

Jim's our parts tester extraordinaire!
Old 08-28-2003, 11:25 PM
Banned

just out of curiosity why did you swap the tahoe exhaust onto your truck in the first place in lieu of an after market cat back or something of that nature.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

If Jim finds anything cheap or something different or off the wall to try he is on it like a pitbull on a third grader.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:45 AM

just out of curiosity why did you swap the tahoe exhaust onto your truck in the first place in lieu of an after market cat back or something of that nature.
Well, I've had damn near every brand of muffler on my truck trying to find one with a slight rumble and NO RESONATION, I haven't so far. I know sound is in the ears of the beholder and MY ears are extremely sensitive, especially to resonation. My left ear feels like it has water in it or it needs to pop because of high altitude, this leaves it real senstive to sounds. Three different size Magnaflows all resonated, PV was to loud, Dynomax Super Turbo was to loud, Flow 70 was OK I guess, Walker Quietflow was OK I guess, and the list goes on. I hear a nice exhaust from a truck or car go by and I still LOVE the sound but it's the interior resonation that's gets my ears. The truck OEM exhaust is 2.75" and the tailpipe is plain ugly. The Tahoe (Burb, Ave, etc,.) OEM exhaust is 3", has a resonation chamber in it and the tailpipe looks much better. I figured it my flow a little better too, that's why I put it on my truck but it's to quiet. I still want the slight rumble under WOT but don't want to hear it while on the freeway and have NO RESONATION. I was thinking of the Gibson side swept, suppose to be real quite but I got this offer for $25 for the SS muffler and tailpipe so I figured WTF.
Jim
Old 08-29-2003, 10:54 AM

Jim's our parts tester extraordinaire!
That's me, have truck and I will find a part! :p
Jim
Old 08-29-2003, 10:56 AM

If Jim finds anything cheap or something different or off the wall to try he is on it like a pitbull on a third grader.
I'm Sorry Dr. I just can't help myself.
Jim