Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Snow performance alky injection!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow performance alky injection!!!

I have been trying to find some way to cool my whipple down for awhile and then i ran upon snow performance. Snow performance alky system is just awesome. There system has been know to increase the boost by 3 psi with out changing the pulley. On one test they done they made 80 more rwhp! I talked with them today on a kit for my truck and they said that would be no problem they have done afew whipples before. There best kit is only $399 and it comes with everthing beside the alky. It also comes with this controller to set when you want the pump to come on at whatever boost level you want and it sprays the mist of alky gradually faster untill it has maxed out. I think anybody with a supercharger should give this a try. Here is there web site hope you like it www.snowperformance.net
Old 01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
I have been trying to find some way to cool my whipple down for awhile and then i ran upon snow performance. Snow performance alky system is just awesome. There system has been know to increase the boost by 3 psi with out changing the pulley. On one test they done they made 80 more rwhp! I talked with them today on a kit for my truck and they said that would be no problem they have done afew whipples before. There best kit is only $399 and it comes with everthing beside the alky. It also comes with this controller to set when you want the pump to come on at whatever boost level you want and it sprays the mist of alky gradually faster untill it has maxed out. I think anybody with a supercharger should give this a try. Here is there web site hope you like it www.snowperformance.net
Ive got it. I think Matt is a great guy and they are a stand up company, but how would spraying alky raise the boost?? At least it hasnt on my setup.
Also I recommend sealing the fittings with automotive goop. I developed numerous leaks in my system after a few months.
I resealed the fittings and Snow sent me a brand new pump free of charge. Its been done for a few days and so far Ive had no leaks.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Ive got it. I think Matt is a great guy and they are a stand up company, but how would spraying alky raise the boost?? At least it hasnt on my setup.
Also I recommend sealing the fittings with automotive goop. I developed numerous leaks in my system after a few months.
I resealed the fittings and Snow sent me a brand new pump free of charge. Its been done for a few days and so far Ive had no leaks.
They said sometimes in high boost motors the air becomes more dense and it raises you boost? So how do you like it besides it leakin all over the place? Could you raise the boost much did it make any power diffence? Thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
They said sometimes in high boost motors the air becomes more dense and it raises you boost? So how do you like it besides it leakin all over the place? Could you raise the boost much did it make any power diffence? Thanks
I havent gotten into it too much and I havent even done any logs. I did raise the boost and it definately made a difference. Im kind of in the middle of a round of mods so nothing is really done yet. Im doing my cam swap and a smaller pulley as well as a tranny in the next few weeks.
Prior to the Alky, I could only run 6- 7# and 14# of timing. I will definately post up when I have some hard facts.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:23 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Alky injection is pretty cool

The coolest part IMO is it ads octane. Kinda like being able to run race gas all the time. Almost anyway.

I use a different kit but Snow has a good name so I won't disuade you
Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 AM
9 Second Club

Alky is where it's at for a street vehicle. I have run 10s in all kinds of heat with my f-body and always on 93 octane. Goal is 9s on the same combo
Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Alky is where it's at for a street vehicle. I have run 10s in all kinds of heat with my f-body and always on 93 octane. Goal is 9s on the same combo
Are you running no intercooler at all?