Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

So I just installed a Corsa exhaust on my 01.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I just installed a Corsa exhaust on my 01.

The PITA part was taking off the old Force II Flowmaster system. Note to self: a lift + sawzall would have saved 1-1.5 hours. After about 1.5 years, the Flowmaster showed a few signs of rust as the resonator was rusting at the welds.

Got the #14273 Dual Rear Exit w/ Pro-Series 4.0" Tips - Sport Edition from Tom @ T Byrne for a touch over $700. The installation was pretty straight forward plus I had the directions within arms reach. Getting the tailpipes even and symmetrical (sp?) took a little while. A lot of twisting and turning to get that right. The kit came with 2 rubber hangers but they seemed too small, so I reused the old hangers.

The sound is pretty darn mean. At WOT the thing screams like a demon escaping from hell. LOL When crusing, there is a slight rumble, but it's not annoying at all. Sure the system is a tad pricey, but it you have the loot, it's a pretty solid system.

2001 4x4 ext cab 5.3
Old 03-08-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

ya, sometimes removing the old exhaust can be the most PITA part of the install, not to mention time consuming. i couldn't get the rusted nuts off the catback flange. i had to saw off the bolts, then drill the welded heads out. then i ran through bolts instead. hanging the new exhaust is the easiest part. i ran into a problem install the exhaust tip hangers at the rear for my borla because the directions were incorrect. finally figure out how to do it on my own.

my next truck will probably have a corsa. don't get me wrong, i like my borla. it looks sweet, performs well, and sounds mellow. but it might be a little too mellow for my liking. i want something a bit more aggressive. and i think corsa might have that, from what i heard. wish i could hear some sound clips of it
Old 03-08-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Here is your sound clip corsa on a 5.3L
http://www.corsaperformance.com/flashsilverado.htm

Originally Posted by KeukaZ71
ya, sometimes removing the old exhaust can be the most PITA part of the install, not to mention time consuming. i couldn't get the rusted nuts off the catback flange. i had to saw off the bolts, then drill the welded heads out. then i ran through bolts instead. hanging the new exhaust is the easiest part. i ran into a problem install the exhaust tip hangers at the rear for my borla because the directions were incorrect. finally figure out how to do it on my own.

my next truck will probably have a corsa. don't get me wrong, i like my borla. it looks sweet, performs well, and sounds mellow. but it might be a little too mellow for my liking. i want something a bit more aggressive. and i think corsa might have that, from what i heard. wish i could hear some sound clips of it
Old 03-08-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

thanks. now that i think of it, i did come across those sound clips before. couldn't remember
Old 03-08-2004, 10:11 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about 1800-2000 rpms cruising on the freeway, any drone?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigTex
zero drone! i love the corsa sport system on my truck. its near silent cruising on the freeway. but its loud at WOT.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by revolution
zero drone! i love the corsa sport system on my truck. its near silent cruising on the freeway. but its loud at WOT.
I concur!!! Corsa kicks butt!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigTex
I would say zero drone. A large majority of the time while cruising it is hard to hear that you have exhuast until you give it a little more gas. I noticed that at higher speeds the wind noise of the truck is louder than the exhuast noise inside the truck with the windows up, while cruising.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

The real question is, is there a drone in an SUV? Truck's are a little more resilient to drone due to the fact that the cab is smaller and not over the muffler in most cases.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm willing to bet that even in an SUV the interior drone will be far less with the Corsa than other exhuast systems.

Quick Reply: So I just installed a Corsa exhaust on my 01.