Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

someone please answer my qestion about radix pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone please answer my qestion about radix pulley

i have the o4 reg cab joe gibbs and i can't take it to the strip yet so i was wondering what it woud run in the 1/4 mile with a 3.3 pulley and the jba shorty headers?
Old 08-15-2004, 07:56 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you have a gibbs blower it did not come with the 3.3 pulley. Check the past few super Chevy magazines, there was a write up on that truck there.

I would guess low 14's, high 13's on a good day.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

dude i put the 3.3 pulley and headers on duh and your crazy if you think it will only run that lol
Old 08-15-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jgpblack04
dude i put the 3.3 pulley and headers on duh and your crazy if you think it will only run that lol
Well......go out and prove him wrong then. You did ask for an opinion. What do you think?
Old 08-15-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duhh... dur! DUH!!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I Plan On Going Next Week I'm Always To Busy Just Got The Truck Last Week And Put 3.3 Pulley And Jba Headers And The Trucks Only Got 600 Miles On It Lolwhat Do You Think It Will Run Benkey ?
Old 08-15-2004, 09:47 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DING DING DING.......School is in session:

You asked a question (two different posts) and it was answered.

IF you do have a 3.3 on there, then explain to me how you did it. I know for a fact that the Gibbs blowers have a pressed on 3.6 pulley and if you "pull" it off it will screw up the snout. If you think you will run better, PLEASE prove me wrong. Honestly, I hope it does, it will be great for his business. I am sure you put headers, that is pretty much one of the easiest mods around and most ANYONE can do it. Hate to be a dick here, but I have had a truck that was modded just about as far as you could take a stock bottom end 5.3 with a Radix, and all I cold muster up with slicks was a 13.1 @ 103. So please post yout time slips after you run.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think Blownchevy has nailed the range pretty good. If your IATs are not too high you can maybe get it in the 13sec bracket. It'll be close though. A shorty header and one step smaller pulley isn't going to do all that much more than when you started, IMO. How much did boost increase with the new pulley?
Old 08-15-2004, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

I didn't know you could get a 3.3 pulley, I thought the next smallest from the 3.4 was the 3.25 which increases boost by ~1psi
Old 08-15-2004, 09:49 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blownchevy
DING DING DING.......School is in session:

You asked a question (two different posts) and it was answered.

IF you do have a 3.3 on there, then explain to me how you did it. I know for a fact that the Gibbs blowers have a pressed on 3.6 pulley and if you "pull" it off it will screw up the snout. If you think you will run better, PLEASE prove me wrong. Honestly, I hope it does, it will be great for his business. I am sure you put headers, that is pretty much one of the easiest mods around and most ANYONE can do it. Hate to be a dick here, but I have had a truck that was modded just about as far as you could take a stock bottom end 5.3 with a Radix, and all I cold muster up with slicks was a 13.1 @ 103. So please post yout time slips after you run.

Quick Reply: someone please answer my qestion about radix pulley