Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

soo, how bad do you guys want to see what the 4.8 can put out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 8100hammer
Well zippy, need to go over to dieselplace.com, those guys with give you a good educating and ribbing. Also Being an HD truck, which has the drive inplace for high HP. And the comment about making power on the same boost, Just go other way on that gasser on 30 psi . Far as cost goes, Most dmax diesels run mid 13's on $800 programmer, me have spent $980 for high 14's(14.7). And when bought my truck, it was around $2000 cheap than any half-ton.(where I live) currenty, the most I have heard and seen is 795rwhp, 1300rwftlb on a duramax.

Just now I don't worry about trans, cause it will hande 450-490 hp, after that just a ATS co-pilot and good to about 600hp. With a half-ton, soon as the hp rises, got to start swapping driveline parts, basicly to HD driveline parts. So why not start with a HD

Currently I am getting 15 mpg highway and intown 12mpg, a guy I work with, with his 6.0 he gets 12mpg no matter what, so thats a wash.

Anyways, It be cooler if someone built a 4.8 to spin around 7500 or 8000rpm with a turbo.

i'm not going to find anything over at the diesel place that i find outstanding. if you have an engine with a turbo on it and you up the boost, you usually get more power. in the duramax, most add propane and sometimes nitrous to go with it. running a 6.0 at a smaller cubic inch on half the boost a programmed max is running with nitrous will get you a time the max isn't going to touch. it has also been proven that although the allison is strong, it's not up to par for racing without mods just like a 65E or 80E. there are quite a few Silverado SS trucks running around capable of 12's with their half ton drivetrain. the HD is nice for it's heavy duty equipment, but when it comes to racing i'll take the lighter weight truck anyday.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The allison can handle up to about 470 to 500 hp before any mods. And ones that are modded do not have any hp or torque limits and come with warrteny stating that. Not to mention most guys that race a dmax are at 7500lbs race weight, no weight removal at the track.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Both engines have there advantages and disadvantages. I don't think either one is better than the other but, I do think that both of them are GREAT!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

8100 that is completely . The guys in here are intrested in Parish blowing the hell out of that 4.8 and seeing just exactly what she can handle. Everyone likes their truck for one reason or another. We all respect you for what you've got let us enjoy what we've got. Besides who cares they are all bowties, it could be worse they could be fords
Old 11-29-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

4.8s are cool...seeing less than 300 cubes pushed that hard is interesting. As far as diesels,I saw one run a 11.0x in Sept at Clash of the Titans. Looked ugly blowing all that black smoke when it was staged but looked wild going down the strip.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I can't wait either, I hope he blow ups it up. Nice too see what a 4.8 does with stupid power. But I laugh even harder when, it blows up and sends something through the turbo. Hence junk turbo for $150. buy hey to each his own.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:13 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice sentiment and attitude. But hey, to each his own.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Whomever is complaining that Parish took donations needs to rethink their position... he didn't come on here ASKING for any money, he offered to donate an entire engine for the sake of knowledge... if any of you donated more than $1000, THEN maybe you can complain. Otherwise, keep the jealousy (or whatever it is) to yourselves please!!!

We finished the last of the remaining "bugs" last night. The cooling fans are now Megasquirt-controlled, the nitrous circuit is getting reworked (for when it's needed) but last night we finalized the config & tune and there are NO bugs. It's amazing how well the MS will run the LS1 !!!

There are a few guys here interested in Megasquirting the LS1, and I am more than willing to help you. If you want to start a separate thread, or PM me, let me know where to go and I'll tell you everything we know. Megasquirt is a solid system, which takes a little extra tinkering BUT rewards you with amazing tuning capabilities once you have it installed and working. Yes, Jim was the guniea pig but he was also the very FIRST to get it done on an LS-1. Pretty soon it will be like all the other car groups turning to MEgasquirt - I bet there will be at least 10 guys doing this by next year at this time, and since this is LS1tech.com, it might be as many as a hundred...

-scott
Old 11-30-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
BlownChevy is talking about making 500rwhp with a RADIX, not a T76 turbo. The T76 can EASILY feed the CFM needed to make that kind of power. Can the Radix do it on a 5.3L?

Besides, I either made over 500rwhp on my 5.3L or a **** ton of TQ to be able to trap what I did at my lardass weight ON A BADLY SLIPPIN TRANS. LOL

8100hammer, I'm not even going to comment on your assinine posts. LOL

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite action figure is "ALABAMA MAN"
Old 11-30-2004, 09:54 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 8100hammer
Yeah I can't wait either, I hope he blow ups it up. Nice too see what a 4.8 does with stupid power. But I laugh even harder when, it blows up and sends something through the turbo. Hence junk turbo for $150. buy hey to each his own.

Maybe you should just go away.... I'm sure your **** poor attitude is making you REAL welcome here..

Quick Reply: soo, how bad do you guys want to see what the 4.8 can put out?