Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

soo, how bad do you guys want to see what the 4.8 can put out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I'll intercool a whipple if you guys send me $10 J/K

Good luck little 4.8L and Parish
Old 11-24-2004, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been what I've been waiting for give it hell Parish I want to know what she's capable of. Stock internals correct?
Old 11-26-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

money sent jim...
Old 11-26-2004, 12:32 AM
IMD
Banned

OT but, id really liek to see someone test an underhood turbo system, vs an STS style system, using the same turbo...etc, keeping everything as close to identical as possible, just chaning the location of the turbo, and the length of the pipes.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:43 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by IMD
OT but, id really liek to see someone test an underhood turbo system, vs an STS style system, using the same turbo...etc, keeping everything as close to identical as possible, just chaning the location of the turbo, and the length of the pipes.
I REALLY want to do this test but the only kit available to me won't be really available for a few months and even then it's such a rare piece I am not 100% sure I wanna spend that much on it used.

If PTK came out with a kit I'd try it out since I could work things out and get just the stuff I needed. I don't need the intercooler and that stuff.

Only other choice is what? Livernoise? **** I couldn't afford that kit if I struck it rich. LOL
Old 11-26-2004, 01:10 AM
IMD
Banned

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
I REALLY want to do this test but the only kit available to me won't be really available for a few months and even then it's such a rare piece I am not 100% sure I wanna spend that much on it used.

If PTK came out with a kit I'd try it out since I could work things out and get just the stuff I needed. I don't need the intercooler and that stuff.

Only other choice is what? Livernoise? **** I couldn't afford that kit if I struck it rich. LOL
why not just build yer own kit? you already have the turbo, just flop yer manifolds around, and make some pipes.

do you not need an IC because you already have one...or because you dont htink you need one?
Old 11-26-2004, 01:17 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I don't really have the time nor the skills and equipment to build one of my own.

Besides, it's an exmperiment of sorts. If I build my own kit and it sucks and my HP doesn't change much or gets worse then I have accomplished nothing. If I buy a proven kit I can then say these are the differences I noticed between the 2 kits and help people make their decisions between front and rear mount. For posterity you know. I can then turn around and sell my kit as complete and make my money back on the system.

I already have a big FMIC so I don't really need to go buying another unit. I just need the main turbo system with the manifolds, and bracketry from there I can fab the new pipes back to my IC. I'm not foolish enough to think I can run 16+psi without an IC. Even methanol isn't going to cover that kind of heat, plus Id go through it like crazy like when I ran meth only at 13psi.

BTW. Sorry I went off on you in that other thread but you really have a way of pissing people off with your comments.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:21 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IMD
why not just build yer own kit? you already have the turbo, just flop yer manifolds around, and make some pipes.

do you not need an IC because you already have one...or because you dont htink you need one?
yeah, ok. i am sure it would only take a few minutes to fab that up.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:30 AM
IMD
Banned

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Sorry I went off on you in that other thread but you really have a way of pissing people off with your comments.
well i do have quite the polarizing personality.

i have almost the same setup as you, just with a conventional turbo system, thats almost done, i guess for now it will be the closest comparison we got.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I can tell you what will happen the convetional if done right will make the said vehicle go down the track faster.

Quick Reply: soo, how bad do you guys want to see what the 4.8 can put out?