Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Sooo....why make a truck fast?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 01:06 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMChasLS1
The look on the kid's face when this big old truck just beat the hell out of his TURBO car!

I raced some young kid in his newer Audi with a turbo in it. We took off and I pulled him off the line all the way up to about 60. When we came to the next light I swear the way his girl was looking at me(I was on the pass side) I could've pulled my pants down and she would've started sucking
The convo goes something like this:
Him: What you got in that?
Me: Stock V8.
Him: Oh, that's why.
Me: Man you got a turbo.
Him: Yeah but you got a V8.
Me: Want to go again?
Him: Umm, ok.
I think you guys know who won
The car looked something like this if I remember correctly?

Oh yea, my very first vehicle was a truck, I've been hooked since.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:24 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll have a hard time making the 4.8 "fast" without spending a good amount of money. It can be done, but displacement is the best way to kick start a truck. Torque is king in a truck.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:31 AM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

Originally Posted by BigTex
You'll have a hard time making the 4.8 "fast" without spending a good amount of money. It can be done, but displacement is the best way to kick start a truck. Torque is king in a truck.

what he said!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:18 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

I don't fit in an F-body or 'vette very well.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
I have an intake, long tubes, and a magnaflow muffler with no cats.
next thing is a tune then im done.
BS!!!!BS!!!BS!!!BS!!!BS!!!BS!!!

Not that i dont believe you, but once its in your blood its there to stay. Get your custom tune and when the first ricer just barely beats you it will be on again.

Or next time a ditch runs in front of you and you get some insurance money to throw into it.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Scream
I don't fit in an F-body or 'vette very well.
I know what you mean. I hate getting in and out of my Z28. But once i'm in its all good.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

because no matter what it is, if i have to drive it, i'm going to make it faster. with trucks there is the element of suprise which is cool, but no matter what i own i try to always improve it.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigTex
Converter, gears, headers, tune, and 100 shot + puny 4.8l (reg cab). = fast (IMO). Not hard at all.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Well, I wasn't actually thinking about making the 4.8l "fast"...if I wanted to go fast, I think I would base something off of a heads/cam/radix 6.0l, or something crazy like that. I wanna get all of the visual stuff out of the way first, SS front and rear bumpers, chrome SS wheels, color-matched handles/mirrors, 2/4 drop, billet grille/bumper inserts (don't think that should look horrible on a white rcsb with 5% tint all around)...and, then go from there on the performance area. And, just to clarify...NO, I will not be putting SS badges on my truck, I think they look mean as ****, but I don't want to be a poser.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice choie of items slow98TA!

I love the element of suprise a fast truck has. I want to pull up to some arrogant porsche owner and blow the doors off of him, and have him think "what in the blue hell just happend!?" To see the look of embarrassment on their faces would be priceless, and to me is one of the best feelings I could get. A 4500 pound $25,000 brick just tore my $200,000 dollar lamborghini apart. Also, there are a lot of people who look at a good looking truck and think "damn that thing looks slick", but if you'd be able to smoke just about any car on the road, the cool factor is mutliplied even more. When you pull up to a Ferrari or Lamborghini, you know it's fast, which is usually not peoples viewpoints of trucks, which is the element of suprise. Also, there is something to be said about the masculinity (sp) of a truck, that says move get out da way! lol That's great you have a fast little Srt-4 but it looks like a little erector set chick car. One last thing, the LS1 NBS truck is one of the cheapest vehicles to go fast in. For 10K in upgrades you can run 10's i.e Parish. Not many vehicles can do that, and still remain versitle and streetable. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Sooo....why make a truck fast?