Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Source for new injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:25 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Source for new injectors?

I've determined what size injectors I need for the 5.7, but need to find out where in the world to get them. I'm guessing 425-450 rwhp to be on the safe side, and I'm considering adding N2O later on down the road.

I figured that I would need about 39-40lb injectors to stay at 80% duty cycle for 500rwhp . Is that a safe assumption? Are there even any truck-style injectors that will support this amount of flow? Am I going to have to convert to the return-style Vette fuel rail and rewire all of the inecjtors?

Are the 43lb Multec II's the only injectors that I could go with? http://store.yahoo.com/azspeed/muii43lbin.html

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Source for new injectors?

You're doing a motor swap?
Old 08-14-2003, 11:31 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

I am....5.7 aluminum block, truck intake and accessories, stock heads w/ 918's & upgraded pushrods, ARP head bolts and rod bolts, all new bearings, and a TR 224 cam on a 112 LSA.

Old 08-14-2003, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

badass! ls1? ls6?

I was thinking about doing the same thing, getting a ls1/ls6 block and keeping the 4.8 heads for some higher compression. But will the 4.8 crank still work in the 5.7?

Also, is the ls6 block worth getting over the ls1 if your gunna use truck accessories?
Old 08-14-2003, 11:38 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

I'm not sure about the crank--I'm running 5.7 internals. I picked up the long block (with only 500 miles on it) for $500! It's an LS1 motor...the LS6 has some benefits, but I couldn't be picky for the price!!

I'm going to stay with the stock LS1 heads, not the truck heads. I'll get heads later down the road. I don't feel like adding that cost to this build.

I'm shooting for high 12s on motor.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

awesome, remember everything you're doing! take pictures, document every problem, HAHAHA .

thanks
Old 08-14-2003, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The multecs are the least expensive "direct swap" injectors I believe. There are many other injectors available but, you'll need to modify your fuel rail. I don't remember who, but there is a company that'll make injectors to fit our connectors for around $600+
Old 08-14-2003, 12:21 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

well, I can get the Multec II's from AS&M for $415+shipping. That's just a little rich for my blood.

I know that the 6.0 has the same injectors, but what about the 8.1? Will those work? What do they flow?
Old 08-14-2003, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're rated at 28-29lbs so I don't think they're enough for what you're wanting to build. You can find some 42lb bosch injectors for around $300, you'll just need to make some slight modifications.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scream, you will need the '98 Corvette fuel rail for its both feed and return lines on the fuel rail. The truck fuel lines will have to be rebent to stretch to fit onto the new fuel rail, but it does work -with no room to spare on the feed line.

The injectors I got are these http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix..._Sale-42s.html Those might be a little too big as they would act like a 46lb injector at 58psi. You might try like an SVO 36lb injector. The SVo injectors are a disk injector like the stock Multech IIs and the Delphi injectors that I got. The other type of injector would be a "pintle" injector. Those types do not have a broad spray pattern, and I have heard that it does not atomize the air/fuel as well at lower rpms.

If you get that 'Vette fuel rail (which you pretty much have to b/c the truck rail would look really bad on a F-body intake) you WILL need to get taller injectors i.e. not the stubby Multech II style injector. Other wise, the fuel crossover on the fuel rail will have to cut into the intake manifold b/c it would have to sit too low for the short injectors.

Since you have to get injectors, I would say SVO 36lb injectors and these injector clips. http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...;part=MSD-2400 Use acid paste flux when soldering these on -you do not want any electrical problems and flux makes soldering really easy.

Quick Reply: Source for new injectors?