Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take a look at that route as well. I guess I could always just bend a piece of sheet metal to tuck and wrap that corner/side of the pan too somehow.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a quick question for Sean or anyone else who has the exhaust installed. What is the measurement - center to center of the exhaust pipes?

With the system bolted in the truck, what is the distance between the pipes, center to center? I need to know because I am having SpinTech make a muffler for me and I need to know what the distance is between the pipes so that when they build my muff, it fits without binding.

Thanks guys!

Chad
Old 03-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Teching In

I can measure the actual muffler if you need. i do not have everything else totally mounted and tight yet. Still sorting out my clearance issues on the transmission pan before i start clamping everything where it needs to be.

Last edited by stryduh; 03-08-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Sure, thanks man! That distance should be the same as the pipes.

Thanks again!

Chad
Old 03-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Tim94gt: I would just go with our 07-13 extra cab/crew cab kit, and cut the connection pipes if need be.

Iconoclast: We can ship to Canada yes. I would recommend eBays global ship program however. It will probably be cheaper in shipping for you.

stryduh: We actually never test fitted our true dual on the 4L80E transmission. Does it clear everything else besides the heat shield..

ss4chad: Center/Center of the connection pipes going into the mufflers is 5.25"

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Teching In

So far i have had to cut an unused tab off the passenger side of the transmission and remove the heat shield from the transmission. Both front O2 sensors have plenty of room as well. I gained some clearance around the transmission pan by extending the collector end of the headers by about 2 inches or so and it has given me a decent amount of room between the pan and crossover pipe. The intermediate pipes are a bit short to reach the muffler at the stock hangers, but that is no biggie to extend those since it is just a straight piece from the x-pipe. This truck does have a 3" body lift on it as well and I am not sure if there would be enough room to get the intermediate pipes between that rear cross member and the bottom of the bed without it. If it is not raining when i get home tonight i will try and get some pictures for you guys.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Teching In

added some pics to the uploads section. I am what you may call forumely challenged and trying to learn myself on adding them to a post.....
Old 03-09-2016, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

In the box you type your reply in theirs a yellow square that looks like a mountain, click on it and it should come up with another screen that shoukd allow you to insert pics....
Old 03-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I somewhat planned on having to make a few adjustments here and there with it for everything to work. And it honestly has not been too bad to make everything work so far. I even fired it up with all the pipes just slip fitted to the headers and was happy with the sound. Cant wait to hear it all sealed up!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Clearance at trans pan before adding spacers at the header collectors.

Clearance after adding about 2 inches of pipe to the collector.

Do you think adding some header wrap would be wise to keep some heat off the transmission pan? It is sitting about an inch off at this point as it crosses under the pan.

Last edited by stryduh; 03-10-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..