Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a system(not this one) with similar bends on my truck but the are equal sized and i had thought about routing one over and the other around but the way the front of my pipes are bent doesnt allow for anything but under the crossmember, my truck is lifted so its not a problem, my torsion drop and strut braces sit lower than the exhaust.... If i had it to do over id have kept my old bs exhaust i had on my 5.3 until this came out... If id only known!!!!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was really excited when I ran across this, but notice online it says, " not compatible with 6 spd autos"? Are you currently building a true dual system that can?
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, we talked about it a few pages back. The true dual exhaust will work with the 6 Speed Auto's, however the little 90* elbow on the drivers side will need to have an inch added to drop the cross over tube. That's the only thing needed to make it work. We have already modified the elbow and sent it to the factory for future batches to have that correction.

Thanks
Sean
Old 05-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Teching In

When are you looking to have your 1-3/4 headers back in stock to fit this setup. Looks like I'm gonna have some stainless works laying around for another build.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Ya, we talked about it a few pages back. The true dual exhaust will work with the 6 Speed Auto's, however the little 90* elbow on the drivers side will need to have an inch added to drop the cross over tube. That's the only thing needed to make it work. We have already modified the elbow and sent it to the factory for future batches to have that correction.

Thanks
Sean
When will those future batches be available?
Old 05-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Teching In

^^yes this. Appreciate the response. Should have read the whole thread. Thanks again
Old 05-11-2016, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GM1697
This setup is extremely loud like previously mentioned, but it sounds good, installed it on a denali this weekend.

Fit was not as close to perfect as expected but this may be due to the quad cab configuration of the denali gmt800. The wideband bung in the y pipe points straight up at trans, there is literally no way for a sensor to fit - see pics below. Also the clamping location for the y-pipe to intermediate pipes was directly above a cross member making it difficult to tighten, also in picture. Lastly the first exhaust hanger lands directly level and next to the trucks frame hanger, rather than below it, thus it doesn't help support the system.

Also did 1-7/8 headers at the same time, which fit perfectly, besides the driver o2 sensor location which has been revised with the newest batch of headers.

This is the first gmt800 denali with this system that I know of so problems were expected.
I will say the welds were beautiful and the metal is of great quality. I will surely be putting a set of headers on my personal truck in the near future.

pic of wideband bung

clamps over crossmember

hanger

another note, the denali is missing the rear most crossmember that the ext cab trucks have, so the bends aren't required

I had the same issues on my 06 Denali when I did mine a few months ago. Those dam bends I did wrong haha, I have them bending down aaaaannnnnd they're welded lol.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

built z28: Hopefully by the end of the week.

Chevy305: If it was received in time for our current batch in production. We should be receiving those within 2 months.

parks450: Ya, our kit was never tested on any SUV's. I am sure the 07-13 straight pipes would have worked better from what it looks like.

Thanks
Sean
Old 05-11-2016, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
built z28: Hopefully by the end of the week.

Chevy305: If it was received in time for our current batch in production. We should be receiving those within 2 months.

parks450: Ya, our kit was never tested on any SUV's. I am sure the 07-13 straight pipes would have worked better from what it looks like.

Thanks
Sean
Mine is a Sierra Denali not a SUV
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Well, now it looks like I'm going with a turbo, so this whole exhaust is going to be up for sale soon.
1-7/8" ARH headers ( 1 year in the truck, I paid $1400), I did cut their mid pipes to make them work with the Speed Engineering mid pipes, no cats. Speed Engineering true dual 3" exhaust (I paid $425) on the truck for about a month now. I also have the volant intake with the ram air tube (I paid $350) on the truck for about 2.5 years.
I'd like to sell it all for $1500+shipping.
Anyone interested, PM me.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..