Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default let them have it

Originally Posted by S14serge
Lol! I hear you man! Just want to have it like that for a while, at least to **** off the neighbors from hell next to me lol!
It will get the job done, be warned you will loose low end torque be ready to get tuned.....
Old 02-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking I'm going to have some dynomax bullet mufflers put in before the mufflers that come on this kit...anyone done something similar to this exhaust kit yet?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 5.3 to me this kit it pretty quiet crusing and not near as Droney As other set ups I've had. It will talk to you a little bit 3-6k range but could be louder to me. That video of the 6.0 is a lot louder than mine. On my single cab there isnt really anywhere to add more muffs. I have a video or two of mine but don't have a way to post it. Can email or text
Old 02-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

A guy I work with just bought someone's project truck, NBS rcsb 6.0 swap with the SE true duals, sh*ts loud. Cruising is nice but once you get on it, its loud.
He likes it and will keep it for a while but is planning on going with another Speed Engineering set up. He gave me first dibs, I'll buy the dual set up and modify it to fit my Tahoe with tails and a different muffler adapted to it.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Tig,
Let me know how that goes, kinda want something a bit louder for the yukon now... the flowmaster i have is almost too quiet now!!
Old 02-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You got it Wolf, I'll probably start a thread when I get all the parts.
I'll get some dimensions from the dual kit to see what I can work with. I'll use Speeds LTs with the cats I made and go from there. I cant stand not being able to hear my exhaust, my 2dr sounded so nice. Miss it haha
Old 02-18-2017, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I can hear my exhaust, but i think since the flood its gotten quieter... not necessrily a bad thing in my 99, but yukon almost seems stock now...
Old 02-20-2017, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

Default waste of time and money

Originally Posted by Brettk
Thinking I'm going to have some dynomax bullet mufflers put in before the mufflers that come on this kit...anyone done something similar to this exhaust kit yet?
This makes no sense man, the kit I got comes with bullet style mufflers, now they are oval??? Hey Sean @ SE what is up with that anyways???
The point is, if you want to smother the engine to death then add a bunch of mufflers. Are you worried about being too loud? If you are going to something like that just buy the headers,mufflers of your choosing, and a 3" h-pipe and take it to a muffler shop and have them build the exhaust.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Default I would love to hear yours post a vid to you tube like I did.

Originally Posted by Ksnell
On my 5.3 to me this kit it pretty quiet crusing and not near as Droney As other set ups I've had. It will talk to you a little bit 3-6k range but could be louder to me. That video of the 6.0 is a lot louder than mine. On my single cab there isnt really anywhere to add more muffs. I have a video or two of mine but don't have a way to post it. Can email or text
Mine was louder before I did the tail pipes. Now cruising is very comfortable even with the windows down. When I get on the gas hard it sounds very loud and aggressive like a monster, when I am on the gas gently it sounds like a beasty truck. Cruising at 70mph 2500 rpm It is evident i have exhaust but now I can have a conversation in the cab with out raising my voice.
ksnell post a vid on you tube it is easy to do. Copy and paste the link here.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Default sean what is the difference

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
06murder: We dont have a price yet, but we're trying to keep it under 400.00. Its a custom muffler we had made for us. Straight through design with thick insulation.

black00chev: Good. One of the trucks being test fitted on is my personal 2008 4x4 crew cab.

03sierraslt: Its all 3" dia.

Thanks
Sean
What is the difference in the oval mufflers and the rounds??

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..