Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Limiter Needs ELIMINATION!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He doesn't have to. Everyone does it for him.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Flyer
He doesn't have to. Everyone does it for him.
exactly. I heard that he's good with you if you're a first timer, but when it comes down to doing the free re-tuning you're at his mercy. So if anything get all your mods done, then go get the tuning done so you dont have to mess with him anymore.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Nelson. I have had very good experiences with Allen.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have onlyl a few times that Allen was hard to get a hold of once he wa sin Cali the other had to do with his email/phone service and the others I have no clue. As far as getting retunes Im on my 5th tune in 6 months for various mods and always had the tune in 4-5 days(regular shipping) with no problems at all. The thing is there is always someone that is gonna havea bad experience in anything but in my opinion it is worth the slim chance of a bad experience with Allen for the great tune. Sorry about the sponser thing I was thinking about the ls1truck! Hell he doesnt need to sponser now after becoming famous. You shouldnt worry about a sour experience with Nelson and as for pcm4less I cant say.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's kewl, it wasn't anything directed towards you. I was just correcting that. Allen owns and runs ls1truck, that's why his name is all over it.

I guess the time he was in Cali, he forgot his fone. He used the email excuse with me, but it was about 2 months after he had it all fixed and announced it.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK you could be one of the few that I personally know about but then again Ive only talked with him over the phone twice and alot over email. What do you htink the percentage of happy vs. unhappy Nelson customers is? Serioulsy?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
OK you could be one of the few that I personally know about but then again Ive only talked with him over the phone twice and alot over email. What do you htink the percentage of happy vs. unhappy Nelson customers is? Serioulsy?
problems will occur eventually, no doubt. the problem I see is the lack of customer service, and the lack of desire to make the customer happy and try to change shoes and see where they are coming from. a company should never get so big as to where they start forgetting about people and thinking that they can do that because of new customers coming in. one bad experience in my business and you'll loose many new potential clients, because after hearing a horror story no one wants to run the risk of being a victim.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

More than most realize.

I've showed my ongoing email to about 5 people and 3 of them said they aren't surprised and have had similar things happen with him.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

SO what do you think it is 50/50? Why are all of these people being quit? Are they scared if the internet lynch mob or something? All Im saying is that I have had a great experience with Nelson and I dont know him personally and havent met him and there are a whole bunch of happy Nelson customer out there and if someone were to base their opinion of Nelson on the post of this site they would say he is a good tuner and a good place to spend ones money. Right?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Let me say this, I have a Hypertech and it does everything you mentioned. I also can recoupe some of my money if and when I sell it. I would recommend a used Hypertech off of EBAY. They can be had for half the price of a custom tune and I'm sure you will be happy with it. Now, as for customer service goes, check out this post I found earlier today......it was posted by Seth, the former owner (or whatever) of Combination Motorsports (the same guy's that put Parish8's turbo kit together).....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181002

Are you kidding me???? He's offered to look at peoples' edit files for FREE! Even if you take what he give you back and try it and aren't happy with it....how could you complain as you paid ZERO for his help. I just think things like that go along way, and people aren't likely to forget it. Getting back to the original post, I still think the Hypertech will be YOUR best choice...and then when you "out grow it", mod wise, just sell it on Ebay and get most if not all of your cash back.

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter Needs ELIMINATION!