Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Spend My Money

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spend My Money

hi, my name is jim and i am an addict. i was holding out for a decent "budget" but i cant take it anymore. the list grows and grows, and i have accepted the fact i have a problem and that is half the battle. 2000 ecsb 5.3, here is what i have so far (in mind) and september october i return from iraq... with lots of cash. hello? is this nelson performance...

comp cams 218 (all nelson told me)
918s w/ new pushrods
pacesetter LTs
NELSON TUNE
TT3000 stall
TR5/TR6 plugs and MSD 8.5 wires
eaton posi w/ 3.73
Trans go HD shift kit
E-fans and nelson harness
Some sorta intake (e-bay k&n?)
i was thinking of some extras like maybe some roller rockers
and Pacesetters ory pipe.
found some mad looking vavle covers from NastyPerformance.com
fabricated aluminum type with billet coil brakets

yall think of anything missing (besides the radix)??? also is this gonna whip an R/T dakota with only a PCM (mopar stage 3)?? it is an ecsb like mine, with 3.90s. everyone one here has a different list, what do i need?? and what am i gonna wish i had (besides the radix that i cant do, it will violate the N/A rule of our local group) HELP ME.

aahhh yess. in october when i cream this Dakota, in temple tx right off i35 60-70 miles north of austin... i will be hosting OPEN BAR in a party for coming home from iraq. And scoring the first kill of the mopar. wanna go lemme know. FREE BEER!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Do yourself a favor go for a 6.0 swap or some motor swap the 5.3 is a nice motor but will not net great gains.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default yeah, sounds good

i would, but that is just too much. i want to capitalize on chevy's engines. anyone can go and buy a stroker or switch to a 6.0, but the reason i am doing this is i like the 5.3. plus it makes for a better a$$ chewing when you kill a 5.9 with a 5.3. My little 5.3 did THAT to your 5.9 R/T? doesnt that just sound good?? plus, it only has 53,000 miles on it... it aint hardly broke in yet!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

what kind of exhaust set up do you have?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default not much

all i did was cut the stock muffler off, and welded in a 40 series 3" in and a dual 2.5" out with turn downs on it. other than that it is stock, but it sounds decent. i mean, at least i can hear it now
Old 06-18-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You threw me for a loop when i saw the title of this thread.. lol if you want ME to spend your money. Front me a few grand and I swear i'll get you some parts.. lol and than disappear into mexico...

But no, really... For exhaust I would do some Pacesetter long tube headers normally $400 but maybe my buddy can do better for you, maybe some high flow cats or just cut them off if you dont have emissons, than i would run true duals with 3" pipe on two aero chamber Hooker mufflers (contact "Dub Silverado" on here through a PM about the lt's and muffs)

Ask around about a cam... a lot of guys do cam and spring swaps to get some extra power before straying away from being n/a. Than you can look into either Radix or STS turbo set ups. Both are highly recommened depending on who is recommeneding it. But just giving you a little something to think about. Oh and of course... you can always up grade your fuel system and run a 150 wet shot of nitrous
Old 06-18-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DakotaKiller5.3
i would, but that is just too much. i want to capitalize on chevy's engines. anyone can go and buy a stroker or switch to a 6.0, but the reason i am doing this is i like the 5.3. plus it makes for a better a$$ chewing when you kill a 5.9 with a 5.3. My little 5.3 did THAT to your 5.9 R/T? doesnt that just sound good?? plus, it only has 53,000 miles on it... it aint hardly broke in yet!
My pretty much stock 5.3 with hypertech ran with a local guys 5.9 regular cab with heads/cam.

I'd do supporting mods like intake/headers that away when you decide to get a bigger motor you can reuse most of the parts.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

My cousins 93 dakota ( 318), 200,000 miles, slipping tranny, no tires, on fire, on the roof, hood open, idling, without him in it, missing 3 spark plugs, running diesel, no steering wheel, pulling a trailer ( with 4 horses in it), bungee cords holding the cab on, squirrel stuck in the intake, no windshield washer fluid, beats r/t dakotas alllllllllll day. He only has a mopar pcm....11.20's @ 1000mph.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badzracing
My cousins 93 dakota ( 318), 200,000 miles, slipping tranny, no tires, on fire, on the roof, hood open, idling, without him in it, missing 3 spark plugs, running diesel, no steering wheel, pulling a trailer ( with 4 horses in it), bungee cords holding the cab on, squirrel stuck in the intake, no windshield washer fluid, beats r/t dakotas alllllllllll day. He only has a mopar pcm....11.20's @ 1000mph.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Point being...r/t's aren't that fast. And for the record, his 93 dakota really is faster than most r/t's ( 14.90's na...13.20's with a 150 shot)........^^^^

Quick Reply: Spend My Money