Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Spray/ Radix

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
No experience myself with it but I have read a lot about it. In my opinion dry shot at 50-75 is all I would try on a truck you need on a regular basis. Would probably need tuning. Obviously there are wet kits but dangers in introducing fuel into the SC. Flyer touched on it. Backfires can be hazardous. Some poor souls have seperated the SC from thier engines from backfires. Probably the best way to do it is wet kit introducing the NOS at the fuel injectors... not a whole lot of room on the radix for this setup.
Ever looked at a carburated engine w/ a blower? Every bit of fuel and air goes through the blower... and the ones who spray also have a plate between the carbs and the blower, unless of course its a direct port.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:25 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get that tune safe and run good fuel. from what i have seen over and over thats all you have to do.

i would be a little worried going over a 100wet shot thru the blower but would probably still do it.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by retsell
Ever looked at a carburated engine w/ a blower? Every bit of fuel and air goes through the blower... and the ones who spray also have a plate between the carbs and the blower, unless of course its a direct port.
Again I have no experience either way. Just what I have read. The issue it seems witht the radix and wet shots is there are several places within it that allow puddling of fuel. Just looking at it with the long runner off to the side between the TB and compressor you could see why. This is done to keep it low profile and under the hood. Most carburated blowers have the carbs on top and everything flows downward from there.

To clarify my statements of opinion. I would not wet spray a radix for fear of backfire. I would not consider more than a 50-75 dry shot with my radix for fear of engine damage on my daily driver.

If it were a weekend warrior. I would already have 100 wet shot on it.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that's what they determined happened with he vette I was talking about. It puddled in the manifold (under the blower) and blew the blower off it's base.