Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

squeeze anything else in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boooooooost
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black04
I would loosen all of the clamps, connect the ball flange to the cat back and then tighten up the y pipe and adjust it so it doesnt rub anywhere.
yeah i did the Y first and then the flange.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbakutz
yeah i did the Y first and then the flange.
Thats what i did the frist time too. It was rubbing the floor, frame, trans crossmember and everyhwhere.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

plus one on the servo and shift kit. if you havent gotten one yet id go with the transgo HD2 i just both of those in my truck. hell of alot better shifts keeps the rpms up. and hell of difference on the 30 roll. no more time spent building up it just jumps!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

checked out the Y yestereday and nothing is touching or lose so it must be rattling something else. it only happens every now and then at idle or low rpms. the snap ring is seated right too.
should the truck be tuned for the servo kit? i was thinking of doing it later on down the road when i change my trans fluid. i've never done one of those before. they go in from in the trans pan right?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

checked out the Y yestereday and nothing is touching or lose so it must be rattling something else. it only happens every now and then at idle or low rpms. the snap ring is seated right too.
should the truck be tuned for the servo kit? i was thinking of doing it later on down the road when i change my trans fluid. i've never done one of those before. they go in from in the trans pan right?
The servo's are on the side of the trans, you don't drop the pan to replace them. You do drop the pan to do the shift kit though, it's definitely more involved than the servo's. If you search the drivetrain section for "servo" or "servos" you'll find a wealth of info, and probably a write up or two with pics
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

How is your steering shaft clearance with the headers?

Shift kit is pretty easy. Drop the pan, unbolt the valvebody, seperator plate and 1-2 accumulator housing. You can change out the valves and springs on a bench. The only thing that you really have to do under the truck is the 3-4 accumulator piston, boost valve and the servo springs and shims iirc. Everything else can be done on a bench or table. It was my first time doing it and I found it very easy. Just needed some advice on what size holes to drill.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black04
How is your steering shaft clearance with the headers?

Shift kit is pretty easy. Drop the pan, unbolt the valvebody, seperator plate and 1-2 accumulator housing. You can change out the valves and springs on a bench. The only thing that you really have to do under the truck is the 3-4 accumulator piston, boost valve and the servo springs and shims iirc. Everything else can be done on a bench or table. It was my first time doing it and I found it very easy. Just needed some advice on what size holes to drill.
it clears but looks to be pretty close. thanks for the info. i might have to do that when i get some money saved up again. i'm a little broke after the last few months lol.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

It might be hitting the shaft at certain rpms as the motor flexes.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

hmm. i guess i can look at the pipe and see if there is any marks on it. i got a rattle that i still need to find. it's on the passenger side and rattles pretty good at low idle.

Quick Reply: squeeze anything else in?