Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Stainless Works 99-04 Chambered Exhaust now available

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
700 for a catback?

Wow im sure you'll get more power from a set of nice headers and a stock exhaust for that price...OUCH!
This is what confusess me about these truck exhausts. This and Corsa for 7 or more bills? For some mandrel bent tubing, tips and pipes? Can anyone explain why I can get a full tilt mandrell stainless exhaust with tips, mufflers, flanges and all for 300 bucks TOPS for my Chevelle? And we're talking a true dual set up with an X pipe.

Not trying to knock this or any other exhaust system. Just trying to figure out why or how the 400 dollar price difference is justified. For my learning only, I know there has to be a reason and I am curious what it is. Less or more bends? routing? emmisons? What is it? TIA
Old 03-05-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bueller?.........Bueller?...........

Somebody has to have some kind of idea as to why these exahust systems are so expensive.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im just gonna tinfoil and jbweld some large paper napkin rolls together in a row all the way back from the cats and then use a coffee can for the muffler. Then i'll connect two chromed out budweiser tall cans to it for the dual tips. You can adjust the pitch and tone simply by punching holes in the coffee can with a nail (nail is an extra accessory for this here kit, so make sure you specify you need the back pressure tuning accessory.....if you all want a GP I will include the nail for FREE!)

22 bucks total. Let me know if you all are interested and i'll send you the plans
Old 03-05-2004, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any sound clips, I wanted to this set up since I got my truck but still out of my price range though.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Snafudilligad
Im just gonna tinfoil and jbweld some large paper napkin rolls together in a row all the way back from the cats and then use a coffee can for the muffler. Then i'll connect two chromed out budweiser tall cans to it for the dual tips. You can adjust the pitch and tone simply by punching holes in the coffee can with a nail (nail is an extra accessory for this here kit, so make sure you specify you need the back pressure tuning accessory.....if you all want a GP I will include the nail for FREE!)

22 bucks total. Let me know if you all are interested and i'll send you the plans
pics???
Old 03-05-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Wow thats gonna be sweet!
Old 03-05-2004, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

$22.00 only I want 1
Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Sponsor

Hi guys

The 700 may seem steep, but keep in mind the following:

We only use 304 s/s. Most other exhaust systems that are less money are aluminized or 409 s/s. 409 is what most newer vehicle exhaust systems are made from that turns brown and scaly within a few months of use. 409 is magnetic and will discolor from normal exposure to the atmosphere.

We back all of our products with a lifetime warranty. Our products are American made and we make everything in house. Flanges are 3/8" s/s, laser cut, and all of our material-including the muffler packing material-is 304 s/s.

As for being able to buy a madrel bent Chevelle Exhaust system for $300-it is probably aluminized and will probably last a few years before rusting out. I am not aware of any complete 304 S/S exhaust system for that little.

Our systems will bolt up to the standard cab, short bed. We are planning to fit them on an extended cab in the next few months.

If anyone is interested in a less expsnive version, we could do an aluminized for approximately $499-anyone interested? It would still have the s/s tips, but all aluminzied pipes and steel flanges.

Thanks
Al
Old 03-08-2004, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry can't make it up to ohio. i am in Oklahoma. How much are your headers going to run for the 5.3 and are they going to be LT.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Magnaflow's are stainless steel right?

Quick Reply: Stainless Works 99-04 Chambered Exhaust now available