Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Stainless Works Headers ????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stainless Works Headers ????????

I have been so busy playing with the Radix the last few days. I mean burning up a completely good set of tires. That I hadn't really taken a good look at my headers that showed up on Wednesday other than opening the box and saying yeah they are there. I pulled them out to take pictures on Saturday, and I am seriously not pleased. The flange is not surfaced, and what really gets me is they didn't weld in any bungs for the O2 sensors. What the F......... I don't see how they boxed them up and sent them out with out the bungs welded in them. How do you not catch that? I called and left a message on Saturday. I guess I will try to get ahold of them on Monday to see what they are going to do.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

i think moregrip had similiar problems with his and they fixed them pretty quick.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Check these threads out.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ight=stainless

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ight=stainless
Old 07-10-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah I saw both of those threads. It just pisses me off that I am going to have to send them back and wait for them to fix something that should have been done right the first time. Especially if they have had problems with quality control in the past. I undersatand they are in the business of putting out parts and the faster they put them out the more money they can make, but you cant let stuff like that get by or your company gets a bad name.JMO!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

You have every right to be upset. Funny thing is that the Stainless Works guy got fairly upset when Moregrip started to discuss the mishap on the site. This is mishap number two. One would think that they might be a little extra careful in the future.... but things do happen, we are all human.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah thats exacty what I was about to say-Ive heard this a few times. I do believe they were fixed ASAP though. Dont quote me on that but I wanna say the SW guy posted about it!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah he did post about it. I want to get some SW headers but man if they are having these kin dof problems still makes you wonder how many have gotten out there to people that dont post on the forums.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to Scott at SW today. As opposed to me shipping them back and waiting another week and a half he is going to be sending me the bungs and I will have them put in when I get the exhaust done. As for the flanges I am going to clean them up myself. He asked me to take some pictures of them and e-mail them to him so he can show them to his quality control person. He was very friendly on the phone and wanted to get the problem fixed asap. It just seemed like more of a hassle to send them back to have the bungs welded in and have the welds ground down than just do it here.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

You should at least get a hell of a discount or something. For the price of these things you shouldn't have to do anything extra!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree

Quick Reply: Stainless Works Headers ????????