Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Stepped band clamps won't fit pacesetter ORY B/C O2 bungs are too close? T or F?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moddo,

I don't have a clue how to get the sound of my exhaust into this 'puter. I'm not a very high tech redneck. I will say that the sound level at cruise isn't much different with the headers, OR Y, and no cats vs the stock manifolds and cats. You hear a little bit more of a "wooosh" sound at cruise that I attribute more to the headers than the Corsa cat back. Step on the go pedal hard and the sound out the exhaust is quite a bit louder and more aggressive sounding. The difference is more pronounced as the RPM goes up. It just keeps getting louder the longer you stand on it. With the stock manifolds and cats, the decibels rose up to a point and then kind of leveled off even as the RPM kept going up. To me, it's just right. I don't expect it to be quiet when I have my foot in it and the motor's spinning 5000+rpm. It does quiet down nicely when you set the cruise though.

Stone150,

We removed the crossmember. It's a 2 minute job and makes the Y installation much easier. Take a floor jack and a 2X4 or 6 to spread the load on the tranny pan. Jack it up just a tad. Pull two bolts on each end of the crossmember and remove the nut on the tranny mount stud and the crossmember just drops out. Everything about the Y fits very tight and if it's not aligned just right, it just won't go together. Although I'm sure some of the the wrenches on this site did it otherwise, if I had to do it again, I'd remove the crossmember before even attempting the Y install.

Last edited by old motorhead; 08-31-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Old M

If you don't play with any digital camera or video camera that's cool.
Even a simple digital camera can usually do video and loading it is the same as loading a pic. Most use Photobucket.com to upload their stuff then attach the file to a post.

If you got one, I can walk you through it, otherwise don't worry about it.

My headers should be here sept 12- 13.
You can bet I'll post some clips then.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

once they get installed post up a clip. I just got my '06 not too long ago. I've got the HO 5.3 too. Good ole aluminum blocks keep me runnin a little cooler down here in texas. I'm glad to see someone installing one of the newer model pacesetters on their '06. I was kinda nervous to order the new part numbers right when they came out due to potential fitment problems. Are you going to put a cutout on your setup? Also, what muffler are you going to run?
Old 09-01-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

I don't plan on a cut out.
I am running the corsa cat back system.
I'll do a decent write up when I install them.

These motors NEED a tune.
Get one ASAP!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

i just had the bands notched out to fit around the 02 s bundes
Old 09-02-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

I wasn't able to use a band clamp on the passenger side header due to the O2 bung, but on the driver's side there was enough room for the band clamp.