Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Stock Manifolds-Off Road Y Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Manifolds-Off Road Y Pipe?

Have a 99 with 5.3

Thinking of sticking with my stock manifolds, because i don't want to go long tubes on the truck. But, wouldn't mind replacing the y pipe with a cat delete setup. (main reason due to current y pipe behind damaged). By the time i pay a shop to fix the y pipe on the truck, i probably could have bought something aftermarket and gotten rid of the cats all together.

Is anyone offering a y pipe that will bolt up to stock manifolds and get rid of the cats?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This thread may help you
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...s+exhaust+pipe
Old 08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spl170s
Have a 99 with 5.3

Thinking of sticking with my stock manifolds, because i don't want to go long tubes on the truck. But, wouldn't mind replacing the y pipe with a cat delete setup. (main reason due to current y pipe behind damaged). By the time i pay a shop to fix the y pipe on the truck, i probably could have bought something aftermarket and gotten rid of the cats all together.

Is anyone offering a y pipe that will bolt up to stock manifolds and get rid of the cats?

I can't understand why you don't want Long Tube Headers????

You'll probably have little to no performance gain by staying with the stock mani's.....
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand your questioning me, but even though i know LTs would be beneficial (recently had a 98 LS1 Trans am with pacesetter LTS on it), i don't plan to build this truck up for high performance. basically i am rebuilding a wrecked truck and the y pipe is busted on it. Cats...may or may not be any good. I know there is a small gain by going with the OR y pipe, as minimal as it is...but my biggest help is that i get to eliminate my cats in the long run, which after i sell my cats for scrap price...i think i will have reasonable price in this setup.

Not having cats will also change the exhaust note when i put on my magnaflow muffler and such. I just don't have a need for the LTs on this truck...and everyone says the shorties are a joke, which i knew that from my trans am. put JBAs on it and it was pointless really.

So, my reasons aren't performance, mainly function for now. i like the jegs setup. probably go ahead and order it up.
The following users liked this post:
Stokes1114 (01-19-2020)