Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Street Racing Got some Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Racing Got some Questions?

I just got finished racing a 94 Camaro with a V6 all stock, i have a 5.3L 3.73 grears with 40 series flowmasters. Whats the best way to get off the line quick. I was told to put the tow-haul on on and drop it down to 3rd, now is this ok for my truck or is it hurting it. I know im not going to stomp on the guy at first because im heavier, but i thought i would of been atleast ahead of him at the light instead of neck and neck. Need some advice and if the outlaw intake will help out any because im getting that in two weeks.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try a 2500rpm or 3000rpm stall converter. And no using tow/haul will not hurt you truck nor will it help it.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well To Launch On The Street I Hold A 2500 Rpm Then Let Then Let The Truck Start Rolling And Walk In To It.i Really Can't Nail It Til 2nd Gear.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The little 4WD button helps me alot. Drop her to neutral and rev it abit pressing on the brake (Ty Shuffle), back to 3rd. Brake torque till I see some boost, let and stomp the throttle at the same time. HANG ON
Old 06-11-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

from a stop: put column shift to drive, 4wd auto button, hold down brake w/ left foot, right foot gas to 1600 rpm (or whatever the highest you can go without moving truck or spinning tires), when light turns green simultaneously floor the gas and let go of brake, as soon as you remember to, hit the 2hi button
Old 06-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not I repeat do not put it in auto 4wd on a dry road and try and race with it. The rear tires will spin a little then the front will kick and a send a bad *** shock through the whole drivetrane because the front tires are all the sudden trying to spin at the same speed as the rear that are already spinning. If your truck is 4wd hit the 4high button roll forward a little so it can lock otherwise you will f*** up your transfer case. Brake stall it to 1600(thats about all you'll get out of a stock tc) and when the light turns green stomp it and hold on with the brake off of course. If its 2wd brake stall it to a little lower than 1600 so you dont spin bad off the line and just nail it. I say stall it a little lower cause when I race in 2wd I used to spin bad off the line and the other car would get a pretty good jump on me even if I was faster. Now with my stall and more mods I just do a burnout for halfway through first gear. And the shifting from drive to 3rd does absolutely nothing unless you have a shift kit where you manually select the gear with the column shifter. My shift kit allows me to hold my truck in any gear I want till whatever rpm I want or until the motor blows up. Tow haul actually shortens your shifts up top. Try it sometime atleast on my truck it knocked about 200 rpm off my shifts that program is for towing so gm didnt want your truck spinning that high rpm under load is all I can figure. My tow/haul button locks the tc for dyno runs.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Wish I Could Push A 4wd Botton Then Build Some Boost The Boost Part Will Be In The Near Future.but The 4wd Part Will Never Be.not To Say Anything Bad About Them Just Stuck With What I Got.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the 4wd drive button helps alot especially when you like to race vettes in the ran. 4wheel drifts are fun!!
Old 06-11-2005, 05:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
The little 4WD button helps me alot. Drop her to neutral and rev it abit pressing on the brake (Ty Shuffle), back to 3rd. Brake torque till I see some boost, let and stomp the throttle at the same time. HANG ON

i wouldn't recomend this!
Old 06-11-2005, 05:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Yes the 4wd drive button helps alot especially when you like to race vettes in the ran. 4wheel drifts are fun!!

Fun yes. But scarry as hell to

Quick Reply: Street Racing Got some Questions?