Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

STS Featured in Sport Truck and Turbo Mags

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
those numbers aren't too impressive, although they were only doing 5.6#.

with them a.i.t.'s, they can't turn the boost up much more with any effectiveness.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
with them a.i.t.'s, they can't turn the boost up much more with any effectiveness.
True, but that's why they sell Meth kits.

I still wanna see someone fab up a Duramax IC to one of these things. I migth have to try it.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
True, but that's why they sell Meth kits.

I still wanna see someone fab up a Duramax IC to one of these things. I migth have to try it.
I think you should, I'll bet you'd be impressed with the results.
I'll bet you could get rid of the meth all together.

Would there be any room for an air/water intercooler back close to the turbo?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
I think you should, I'll bet you'd be impressed with the results.
I'll bet you could get rid of the meth all together.

Would there be any room for an air/water intercooler back close to the turbo?
There is plenty of room. Only thing I fear with an IC back there is mud and such cloggin it up, but I have thought about it just because it would ve very simple to plumb inline. As for the Meth I would most definately keep it. Mainly because if I could get close to 100deg IATs with just an IC then spray the meth and I would get 60deg or better IATs. If you look at cars the run meth as gas their intake manifolds actually freeze from being so cold, well not freeze but run very cold. Plus I need the added octane/fuel with using such small injectors and stock pump
Old 08-13-2004, 02:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

There is plenty of room. Only thing I fear with an IC back there is mud and such cloggin it up, but I have thought about it just because it would ve very simple to plumb inline. As for the Meth I would most definately keep it. Mainly because if I could get close to 100deg IATs with just an IC then spray the meth and I would get 60deg or better IATs. If you look at cars the run meth as gas their intake manifolds actually freeze from being so cold, well not freeze but run very cold. Plus I need the added octane/fuel with using such small injectors and stock pump
If you ran an air/water, you wouldn't have to worry about clogging since they are inclosed boxes.

What duty cycle are those injectors at?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Ahh, I didn't wanna do the air/water just because of more plumbing issues. I just wanted a simple air/air setup Plus money is a concern now.

Not sure what the duty cycle is at on them right now. I have yet to get any data logs on it since it's been in the shop awaiting the insurance guy to cut me a check. I'll ask Rick to give me all those details if it hits the dyno today. My tuner is real big on making sure the injectors are running low duty cycles and advocates using 30lb injecotrs on even small bolt-on LS1s so I'm sure he is tracking all that.

My ATAP doesn't wanna work and I can't afford EFILive yet.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Ahh, I didn't wanna do the air/water just because of more plumbing issues. I just wanted a simple air/air setup Plus money is a concern now.

Not sure what the duty cycle is at on them right now. I have yet to get any data logs on it since it's been in the shop awaiting the insurance guy to cut me a check. I'll ask Rick to give me all those details if it hits the dyno today. My tuner is real big on making sure the injectors are running low duty cycles and advocates using 30lb injecotrs on even small bolt-on LS1s so I'm sure he is tracking all that.

My ATAP doesn't wanna work and I can't afford EFILive yet.
Yeah, air/air is nice, put it on and forget about it.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was thinking that one mounted between the box side and the frame with a fan blowing on it like the remote mounted transmission coolers use would work out well and keep it clean. you could also only have to run the fan when the a.i.t.'s get up high.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

how does this turbo system compare to say the cmotorsports one with the traditional mounting?
Old 08-13-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
how does this turbo system compare to say the cmotorsports one with the traditional mounting?
Performance-wise, I think the jury is still out on that.

Ease of install, huge difference.

Quick Reply: STS Featured in Sport Truck and Turbo Mags