Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

STS or ProCharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and id go with the turbo

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
If you go with a supercharger, definately get a radix.

Between the Radix and STS-----I'd go with the radix.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:40 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To answer your questions:

Yes the oil is self contained (100K before you need to service it)

Intercooler is located in the new intake manifold that comes with your kit.

Water pump for the intercooler and heat exchanger are included in the kit.

Tuning is supplied with the kit.

All necessary wiring is included with the kit.

Fuel injectors and new fuel rails in installed and included with the kit.

Fuel pump is included with the kit.

3/36 mile warranty on the supercharger is included with the kit.

The point I am trying to make is EVERYTHING you need is included with the Radix kit. There is NOTHING left to question or buy.

If you are looking for a turn key daily driven FUN truck. Buy the Radix, you will be happy!

As for who has been around longer.......I think Eaton / Roots superchargers have been around longer than ProCharger.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turbo...thats the primest pimpist setup
I personally like the turbo boost you get...all at once. If there is a little lag it makes up for it later
Old 05-26-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im kind of leaning twards the STS Turbo, Does it come with an intercooler? air to air? Self contained oil? Do I still need a muffler? Does it come with all the piping for the Exhaust mod too? what is the RWHP after install?
I know it's a lot of questions but I want to know, and i don't want something i don't need either.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:10 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont know much about the STS set up other than it is mounted under the back of the truck. The claim that there is no intercooler needed due to the length of the piping between the turbo and the intake. Not 100% sure on the HP rating either, the kit is pretty new so there is not much data available. I think there may be more needed with the kit and if you are looking for turn key reliable HP it may not be the way to go IMO.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04BlackSilverado
Im kind of leaning twards the STS Turbo, Does it come with an intercooler? air to air? Self contained oil? Do I still need a muffler? Does it come with all the piping for the Exhaust mod too? what is the RWHP after install?
I know it's a lot of questions but I want to know, and i don't want something i don't need either.
no intercooler and im pretty sure you have to tap into oil pan
Old 05-26-2004, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

FARMTRUK(allen) is putting a sts kit on a silverado ss right now I believe. the thing I like about the sts kit is they are almost unscene. it sits under your trucks and unless you know what your talking about nobody would know the difference in just looking in the engine bay. the intake tubing is so long it does not need a intercooler until you go over 7 psi. that is where alcohol or meth injection comes from. then you can turn it up and let her rip. I personally like that it is hidden and that it's a pretty simple setup. go to the sts website and look at the install pictures I think it will confirm what your looking for.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:23 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the procharger shouldn't even be a consideration.

for a daily driver with easy install and very low maintence you would have to go with the radix. the procharge might make a little better peak numbers but unless your going to be driving around at 4500-6000rpm who cares.

the rear sts kit may turn out to be a hot ticket but it is still too new to make the call.

i traditional turbo set up kicks *** in both the driveability and max power dept but no one really has a kit ready to sell yet.

the radix is the most like what the factory does.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:31 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But what if your truck ISN'T a daily driver? What if you're looking for better numbers and can't afford a Radix? Can't you get an ATI or a Vortech much cheaper than the STS, the Radix or even a traditional turbo setup?

My dream is still to hang a snail off of each bank, but I'm thinking that a Vortech would be easier on the wallet and still make me happy.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

The sts is about 3600 bucks

Quick Reply: STS or ProCharger?