Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

STS or ProCharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:05 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
My dream is still to hang a snail off of each bank, but I'm thinking that a Vortech would be easier on the wallet and still make me happy.
Thats what I talkin bout!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still dont like the idea of a turbo exposed to elements like rain snow and mud. I also dont like it getting hot under my fuel tank. If I was doing something major like this, Id definately save my coins for a cmotorsports kit. + alky/water injection
Old 05-26-2004, 12:14 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by treyZ28
I still dont like the idea of a turbo exposed to elements like rain snow and mud.
First thing you said that I agree with
Old 05-26-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
First thing you said that I agree with
anyone who 4wheels will tell you that the engine bay is not safe to the elements ( damn mud )
Old 05-26-2004, 01:26 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Visionxorb
anyone who 4wheels will tell you that the engine bay is not safe to the elements ( damn mud )

Better than under the back of the truck!
Old 05-26-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

honesly, i dont know about that, i know that on my blazer I get alot of crap into the engine bay , probably more than on the inside of my frame rails ( obviosly not the outside as the tires coat the out side) plus I know that when I go to the sand that fan just LOVES to pull it through the raditor into the bay ( feels like needles ) I really dont think having the turbo back next to the driveshaft is really going to cause a problem. if ur worried about rust n such from road salt ect, maybe you could coat it, heck headers live in the engine bay and uncoated ones rust in like a week anyway.
Better than under the back of the truck!
Old 05-26-2004, 01:42 PM
blownerator

I understand what you are saying, but I don’t like the idea of the air filter located under the back of the truck. I am not really concerned with the rust and corrosion. If you run through a big enough puddle and suck up some water, good night engine, not to mention the turbo. It just does not seem good to me, I am sure there are other opinions on it. I would rather use the procharger over the STS in this instance.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Launching!

the sts kit is to new, do they even have any track times with it yet? And for using alcohol or meth injection over 7 pounds F*** that procharger starts off with 8-9lbs stock you can run 14lbs easy on a stock 5.3 with no alcohol or meth injection. i just dont see any supercharger or turbo being efficent with out a intercooler.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now the airfilter I can understand, It was my first thought when I discovered the kit, but Ive also thougt, If some on is really hard core u could easly put the airfilter in the bed, also when talking about deep puddles, it may not be that bad because water tends to pile up on the front making the water deeper than it reall is. the the back of the truck doesnt have this problem. again its a new kit so only time will tell but honestly i dont think its a big problem.
Also while were talking about boost. the sts turbo may need meth or an intercooler after 7 psi vs having an ati stock with 9 but from they way things look, the turbo might make more power at 7 than a s/c at 9. espeaclly torque where the centrafuge s/c is going to take its sweet time ( RPM ) to build boost

I understand what you are saying, but I don’t like the idea of the air filter located under the back of the truck. I am not really concerned with the rust and corrosion. If you run through a big enough puddle and suck up some water, good night engine, not to mention the turbo. It just does not seem good to me, I am sure there are other opinions on it. I would rather use the procharger over the STS in this instance.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Launching!

your going to have same lag with the procharger as with the sts. if you want instant boost id get a radix

Quick Reply: STS or ProCharger?