Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

stumble/hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stumble/hesitation

ok here goes, truck drives fine, but, I've noticed lately that it seems sometimes that it looses power. Parked and slowly accelerating I can hear the motor start to bog down around 2000 rpm and stay there until about 4500-5000 rpm.

If I let up on the throttle let the rpms down to roughly 1500 rpm and then litely reapply the throttle the bogging Sometimes is there again and sometimes its gone.

I did change the fuel pump a few months back & am Not sure if it was doing this before the new pump or after.

I've changed the fuel pump, filter, & regulator @ the fuel rail all at the same time.

I have been told to change out the injectors or have them cleaned. I'm currently @ 160xxx miles on the original stock motor.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, thought that since I didn't have a Cel lite with this whole thing going on that if I dis connected the MAF it would throw one. Disconnected stumble hesitation then idled fine. Oh n yeah NO Cel .

Suggestions???
Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Try driving it with the MAF unplugged. It'll probably start up rough.

If it drives fine, no bogging down, hesitation, or any of that, it might be the MAF itself. Just don't go very far with it unplugged. I've had this problem on a 3800 and the damn car would NOT start. So i unplugged it, and boom, started right up.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

I did and it starts rough but then smooth's out. NO check engine lite, and it drives the same as if it were plugged in.

Can't get beyond a lite touch to the throttle, but can get it to do speed on the highway, as long as I use the throttle lightly.

Tell you its a darn good way to learn how to sip fuel vs guzzling it down!

Originally Posted by skaffy03
Try driving it with the MAF unplugged. It'll probably start up rough.

If it drives fine, no bogging down, hesitation, or any of that, it might be the MAF itself. Just don't go very far with it unplugged. I've had this problem on a 3800 and the damn car would NOT start. So i unplugged it, and boom, started right up.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Have you cleaned or replaced the Maf yet?