Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Success with bolt ons on the 4.8?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well all LS motors run much better when you open them up. With fairly simple bolt ons you could go with shorty headers($350), a gibson catback($289), Volent intake($375)underdrive pullys($200), And a Nelson custom PCM.

With these things you could see @ 30-35 more rwhp, and you will notice a big difference in how it drives at all speeds. All of those things are easy bolt-ons exept the custom pcm, but you will still have the stock one, so if you take it in for service you can just swap them back.

All those things you can get at TruckPerformance.com, exept the PCM, which is from Nelson(A.K.A. Farm Truck) here.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I just noticed your Join Date of Oct. 2002.

You've only posted 5 times in the last 2.5 years, four of which are in this thread. WOW thats odd. Where ya been, and how did you even remember your login?
Old 05-01-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
I just noticed your Join Date of Oct. 2002.

You've only posted 5 times in the last 2.5 years, four of which are in this thread. WOW thats odd. Where ya been, and how did you even remember your login?
When i signed up, something went wrong with my user name where it wouldn't let me log in due to an incorrect password and then when i tried to recover my password; it said user name not found. a few months ago I wanted to post something and contacted an admin and got it straitened out.

I was talking to sam today at combination motorsports. He told me to come here and I was like "ohh yea, I forgot about that place!"

I already have an intake (never put it on though )
I'm pretty mechanically inclined- I just want to know what I'm up against is all. I'll prob end up doing all those bolt ons and swapping to an LS1 later on down the road
Old 05-01-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Custom tunes rock, I love my Wester's.

just seen your video jumping on the sand hill, decent air near the top
Old 05-01-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine? this one?

www.threeeightythree.com/truck1.avi
Old 05-02-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by treyZ28
ya that one found the link on fullsizechevy.com
Old 05-02-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by augiedog77
ya that one found the link on fullsizechevy.com

I have a stalker!

yeah sand is fun and fairly forgiving in contrast to rock climbing and mudding.

I never much liked those terrains, too slow, body damage ect
Old 05-02-2004, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

So who sells these headers? What brand do I want. Is there anything that uses the stock Y pipe and all? I really like my warantee
Old 05-02-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

I have Gibson Shortys myself. They run about $350 for the chrome ones. You wont get the gains like with long tubes, but they wont void the warranty.

Why dont you like mudding? Thats the whole reason i put all the work into my Blazer 4x4. I used to do mud drags at the 301 mud bog just south of Jacksonville, Fl. It was F'in awsome spanking the guys with the big blocks and 44" Boggers. I have some pics at home with me lined up next to one guy with 44s and about 18" of lift on an old K5. Then i have some more with me spankin that *** BAD. I love all kinds of off road, since this is my first 4x4. Mud, river crossing, beach runs, minor rock crawling. I havent had an opertunity yet to run any sand dunes, but it looks fun.

Did you know they sell different torsion bars for your truck, that increase spring rate, so you can take more air and not bottom out?

Look fast, before its gone.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
I have Gibson Shortys myself. They run about $350 for the chrome ones. You wont get the gains like with long tubes, but they wont void the warranty.

Why dont you like mudding? Thats the whole reason i put all the work into my Blazer 4x4. I used to do mud drags at the 301 mud bog just south of Jacksonville, Fl. It was F'in awsome spanking the guys with the big blocks and 44" Boggers. I have some pics at home with me lined up next to one guy with 44s and about 18" of lift on an old K5. Then i have some more with me spankin that *** BAD. I love all kinds of off road, since this is my first 4x4. Mud, river crossing, beach runs, minor rock crawling. I havent had an opertunity yet to run any sand dunes, but it looks fun.

Did you know they sell different torsion bars for your truck, that increase spring rate, so you can take more air and not bottom out?

Look fast, before its gone.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles.../photo337.html

I like sand because you can go fast, not damage the body and its fairly easy on the drivetrain. plus engine performance is a bigger portion of the car than mudding or rock crawling. I also like IFS

Quick Reply: Success with bolt ons on the 4.8?