Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

sughestions on what to get first

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put a 3" hole in the bottom of my factory box (free)
build a new intake tube to go to the factory lid ($15)
throttle body bypass ($3)
vette servo ($17)
longtubes and ORY ($500ish)
tune (275)

ok 3" hole in what the air box ive done knocked a bigger hole than that and got a k&n stock replacement new intake tube??? like a bigger one please explain alittle ill look at the vette servo if thats transmission work ... not sure what to do there i got a friend who has a cutlass built the entire drive train on that thing 468 cu in engine 2 gal per mile <LMAO drag car he will know i know headers and the tune whats with the cool laptop tune thing i got to have a lot of skill to mess with that kinda tune thing dont i
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Southern Dixie Rebel
put a 3" hole in the bottom of my factory box (free)
build a new intake tube to go to the factory lid ($15)
throttle body bypass ($3)
vette servo ($17)
longtubes and ORY ($500ish)
tune (275)

ok 3" hole in what the air box ive done knocked a bigger hole than that and got a k&n stock replacement new intake tube??? like a bigger one please explain alittle ill look at the vette servo if thats transmission work ... not sure what to do there i got a friend who has a cutlass built the entire drive train on that thing 468 cu in engine 2 gal per mile <LMAO drag car he will know i know headers and the tune whats with the cool laptop tune thing i got to have a lot of skill to mess with that kinda tune thing dont i
Yes, the Vette servo is transmission work.

And yes, the "cool laptop tune thing" does require a lot of skill. You could buy HP Tuners or EFI Live, but you would have a lot to learn. Since you are only in high school and just learning about mods, you would probably be better off with a professional custom tune. PM "Wheatley" on PT.net or contact Nelson Performance on the right of the screen >>>>>>>>.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

whats suggestions yall got on a cam
looked at the headers they are pacesetters 285.69 what yall think
servo im going to do that soon

Last edited by Southern Dixie Rebel; 07-19-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cam kinda depends on what you want out of the truck, stay n/a, spray, go boosted?