Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Summit Racing brand exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2002
is the muffler an IMCO??? is the muffler a straight thru design?? can you see from one end to the other???
Yes it is a IMCO.It is not a straight through design.It has tubes that run up and down inside with chambers at the ends.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

any pictures coming? would like to see how it looks
Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Did you choose the dual rear exit or the single side exit.

The other question I have is how does it mount up to the factory system. I looked at the pics on summits website and they do not show a ball and socket flange in the pics.

(It would actually only be the socket end since the ball end is attached to the cat if I remeber correctly)

So do you have to cut the factory system and reuse it at all or can you save all of it.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Save it all it is a bolt on sysytem-just unbolt the factory system from the y-pipe and assemble the Summit catback in its place.It uses u-clamps with bent rods welded to them for the hangers.I am not real happy with the hangers,but they do work good.As far as pictures I don't get home until it is dark.I will see if I can take some pics and post them up and see how they look.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds good at least I can keep the factory piece if I do not like it.

Eager to see the pics since I have been waiting for someone to purchase one and write up some infon on it as you have.

I really hate to spend a bunch o cash on exhaust parts.

Also did you pick the dual rear exit or the single side exit.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

I just got home I will try to get some pics tomorrow.I chose the single side exit.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Teching In

I'm very interested in this kit! Up to this point I thought the cheapest cat-back was the Dynomax from Summit or Jegs. I was thinking about the Dynomax (which doesn't sound too bad from the clips I've dug up) and just switching out the muffler.

Well, the link didn't work. It's part number WLK-19310 at Summit.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

That is cool, I am guessing the side exit is pretty much same as factory which is what I am going for with maybe just a different tip.

How loud would you compare this to other stock vehicles out there? How loud compared to a stock truck you can at least tell it has a catback correct?

How loud compared to a stock camaro or mustang.

Sorry for all the questions just trying to see if I want to go that route or just make up my own catback with some piping I have and weld it up.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

I am thinking of making my own exhaust starting with this kit. I also found alot of mandrel bent pipes on the Summit web site such as 45,90 u-bends straight pipe. I just might make my own true dual set up with these parts just got to change the muffler out and a little time and patience. I could have my buddy tig weld it all too. Well it's something to think about now.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

As far as the loudness of the system is is not loud at all.At idle there is a noticeable difference but at WOT it is quite.I can hear the K&N sucking in air over the exhaust.This is just what I wanted seeing as how I have a DMH cutout going on next week for the loud factor.I will see if I can get some pics up tonight.

Quick Reply: Summit Racing brand exhaust