Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Never said the sun rises and sets on it....Just made a point, why dont the others have a intercooler.
Well that's the $64,000 questions isn't it? No one knows really. But what's really interesting is that sans intercooler, the twin screws produce very similar HP gains to the Radix.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:47 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Well that's the $64,000 questions isn't it? No one knows really. But what's really interesting is that sans intercooler, the twin screws produce very similar HP gains to the Radix.

And Sans intercooler and proper tuning it still has issues. I have NEVER said the twin screw was better or worse. I however said that until the other companies come out with a true package like We have then they will continue to come in second.

Trivia for ya.....do you know what the Twin Screw aka Lyscholm/autorotor were invented/used for in WWII? Do you know what the Roots was invented/used for in WWII?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:51 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd like to know.

Naked, I'm not sure but an adapter plate might bolt on a KB/Whipple ok enough. Don't the lightning guys do this?
Old 07-25-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by moregrip
I'd like to know.
Yes, me too. An intercooled Whipple or Kenne Bell would stomp an MP112. As soon as one comes out, my Radix is on the market.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:03 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Yes, me too. An intercooled Whipple or Kenne Bell would stomp an MP112. As soon as one comes out, my Radix is on the market.

in WWII the USAF used the twin screw type "blower" to pressureize the cabins of the airplanes, and the Roots style to power the engines.

Naked, I hope whatever you deside to do you are happy! Geeez, you need to lighten up
Old 07-25-2004, 03:07 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

just curious, have the KB/Whipple type blowers established a long term (100K or more) reliability record? I'm not sure on the facts but I believe the roots type has, could be wrong though (maybe not the modded roots). Also, come rebuild time what are the typical costs of each?
OK, enough questions, I have more yard work to do anyway.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:10 PM
blownerator

The M112 has gone through durability test for Mercedes, GM, Nissan, Ford and many other auto makers. Not something that is easy to pass at all.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:12 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
just curious, have the KB/Whipple type blowers established a long term (100K or more) reliability record? I'm not sure on the facts but I believe the roots type has, could be wrong though (maybe not the modded roots). Also, come rebuild time what are the typical costs of each?
OK, enough questions, I have more yard work to do anyway.
I think the Mazda Millenia S has a twin screw blower stock.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blownchevy, does Magnacharger have any plans to develop a twin-screw kit or twin-screw blower upgrade?

That would be the ultimate, a kit as well put together as the Radix, but with a higher horsepower ceiling and better efficiency of the twin-screw! Not to mention, an INTERCOOLER!
Old 07-25-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Naked, I hope whatever you deside to do you are happy! Geeez, you need to lighten up
I'm fine just the way I am, thank you very much. But I am still getting only 90HP from my Radix, and that's after my special 'tuning' from Magnuson. This is a quite a bit short of the 120+HP number that everyone seems to like to throw around, including Magnuson (i.e. "63-125% more horsepower"). If there's a reason I'm not happy, that's really all there is to it.

Quick Reply: Supercharger