Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Naked AV
I'm fine just the way I am, thank you very much.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:13 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm fine just the way I am, thank you very much. But I am still getting only 90HP from my Radix, and that's after my special 'tuning' from Magnuson. This is a quite a bit short of the 120+HP number that everyone seems to like to throw around, including Magnuson (i.e. "63-125% more horsepower"). If there's a reason I'm not happy, that's really all there is to it.

Got 120 on my truck, got 120 on the H2 got 120+ on almost every vehicle I have supercharged. Maybe its your truck not our supercharger?

And you are right, dont change.....
Old 07-25-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's the 'magic dyno' you have at Magnuson that gives you those magic numbers, eh?

Brian, you really don't want to get into it with me again, do you? Just leave it alone, and quit crapping on this guys thread.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:23 PM
blownerator

Maybe it's the 'magic dyno' you have at Magnuson that gives you those magic numbers, eh?

Brian, you really don't want to get into it with me again, do you? Just leave it alone, and quit crapping on this guys thread.

Not crapping at all. And I would love to get into it with you again.

Magic Dyno?

Dyno# 1

Stock HP=268rwhp
S/C HP= 388rwhp

Dyno# 2

Stock HP=298rwhp
s/C HP=418rwhp

Both net a 120rwhp gain.

We do before and after dynos on the vehicle. I am sure everyone will agree that every dyno is different, there is alot in play with dyno pulls i.e. set up, weather, and dyno tech. Bottom line is every time we dyno a vehicle weather it is our dyno, or other dynos (yes I have been on others) we have seen between 100 and 120 rwhp gains on stock vehicles so you were 10-15 rwhp off. Now that I have said that, any time you want to go head to head let me know. Nothing better than a little challenge.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

If you're truly up to the challenge, then start a new thread with before/after dyno graphs from all your installs. Not numbers typed in from your keyboard. I have mine. Call it 'Before & After Dynos' or whatever so everyone can post - Radix, Whipple, turbos, whatever. Can you handle that?
Old 07-25-2004, 04:38 PM
blownerator

I can handle anything. I will get it together for you. Keep your eyes open for the post in the next day or so.

I am not talking about whipple or KB at this point, I am talking about Magnacharger. I will post several dyno sheets with before and after dynos for your viewing pleasure.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:41 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

cool!
filled up four barrels of yard waste, woohoo, kinda hot today.

I'll post mine as soon as I install it
Old 07-25-2004, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

I know you're not talking about anything other than Magnacharger, but why not keep the thread open so others can post their before/after results also, such as those with turbos and other blowers? That would make it very interesting.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:45 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

oh, did I mention I can hear the Drags from Carlsbad! all morning/afternoon while trimming things. Must be a busy day out there.

I think the thread should be open to all, dynosheets only though, no speculations.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:49 PM
blownerator

The funny thing is, Naked thinks I dont understand that there is power in other FI applications. I know there is, personally I choose the Radix for my truck and I have had SEVERAL other offers for jobs and power adders. ALL FREEE and I still chose to BUY a Radix.

Quick Reply: Supercharger