Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
View Poll Results: whichintake
vic jr
26.92%
proflow
7.69%
fast 102 new truck intake
50.00%
tbss ls2 intake
15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Supercharger Dilema!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Dilema!!!

I have a dilema, either a Magnacharger(intercooled) or a Procharger(intercooled w/a D-1 upgrade too). If anyone has either one on their trucks or has any experience with them please chime in. I want to know which one I can get the most HP gains from. Basically if one is better than the other.

I was going to get a STS, but it is going to be about $2500.00 more than the Magnacharger!!!

And is $7400.00 for an installed (tax and labor included in that) Magnacharger a good price?

Thanks,
Caylon
Old 03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

And I was told to just get a cam, stage 2 heads, LT's and leave it alone due to the high compression of the LQ9. Should I just skip the FI or not???? TOO MANY CHOICES DON'T KNOW WHAT 2 DO!!!

And does anyone know/have the Livernois front mount turbo? Has anyone heard if it is a good turbo kit or do you have to change/add alot to it?

Thanks,
Caylon
Old 03-22-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

That magnacharger price seems too high to me. What exactly do you use the truck for? Is it your daily driver, or are you wanting just the best strip setup?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a Procharger. But not a D1. Get a P1sc2. It is a smaller version of the D1 and is easier to wind up. The D1 is harder to spin and is more built motors. A p1sc2 with a fmic will make you very happy
Old 03-22-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

tbyrne has the procharger and the sts on sale right now
Old 03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Magnacharger is supposed to be efficient. You just can't boost that much out of it.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by gamedawgx53
tbyrne has the procharger and the sts on sale right now
.....and depending on where you are located, they usually offer great deals on the install. I think $7400 is way high....and I can't believe the STS is higher than the Radix. What state are you in??...maybe someone could recommend another shop for the install.

Oh, for a daily driver I'd probrobally go fo the Radix of one of the front mount turbo's. Just my .02.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
.....and depending on where you are located, they usually offer great deals on the install. I think $7400 is way high....and I can't believe the STS is higher than the Radix. What state are you in??...maybe someone could recommend another shop for the install.

Oh, for a daily driver I'd probrobally go fo the Radix of one of the front mount turbo's. Just my .02.
I in Mesquite, Tx (just east of Dallas). If anyone DOES know of a good, fair shop PLEASE shoot me a number, name, web address or something. I have been researching and I like the Livernois front mount turbo. It's about as much as the Radix ($4995.99 + install) and I think I'd rather have a turbo. Still need my info. and comments from those who have this setups before I make a decision.

It comes with GT-37 turbo, should I upgrade to a GT-67?

Thanks,
Caylon
Old 03-22-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Caylon don't mean to get off subject but where in Mesquite do you live. I live in Mesquite off Oates Dr. and HWY 635. Thats cool I've never heard of anyone else on LS1tech that is from Garland or Mesquite area.

Originally Posted by Crazy
I in Mesquite, Tx (just east of Dallas). If anyone DOES know of a good, fair shop PLEASE shoot me a number, name, web address or something. I have been researching and I like the Livernois front mount turbo. It's about as much as the Radix ($4995.99 + install) and I think I'd rather have a turbo. Still need my info. and comments from those who have this setups before I make a decision.

It comes with GT-37 turbo, should I upgrade to a GT-67?

Thanks,
Caylon
Old 03-22-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say screw all those and do the LivernoisMotorsports front mount turbo now that they dropped the price a very reasonable price.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Dilema!!!