Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Supercharger guys..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a procharger on my truck and no other mods but edit and a cutout and i made 375 hp/410tq. if that gives you an idea of what power they can make. no charger alone will give better gas mileage.think about it. when you stay out of all the time, tou arent in any boost, the computer doesnt even know the charger is there, so it doesnt do anyting to the fuel mixture. once you get into the slightest amount of boost, the computer compensate for the extra abundance of air by giving it more gas than a stock truck. this all increases down the line to full trottle which really kills your gas. That doesnt make any sense how adding a supercharger would give you better gas mileage. you get worse than stock gas mileage when in vaccum b/c of parasitic drag and worse than stock mileage when in boost b/c of the extra psi you have there.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had a procharger on my truck and no other mods but edit and a cutout and i made 375 hp/410tq. if that gives you an idea of what power they can make.

no charger alone will give better gas mileage.think about it. when you stay out of all the time, tou arent in any boost, the computer doesnt even know the charger is there, so it doesnt do anyting to the fuel mixture. once you get into the slightest amount of boost, the computer compensate for the extra abundance of air by giving it more gas than a stock truck. this all increases down the line to full trottle which really kills your gas. That doesnt make any sense how adding a supercharger would give you better gas mileage. you get worse than stock gas mileage when in vaccum b/c of parasitic drag and worse than stock mileage when in boost b/c of the extra psi you have there.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think what I said may have been a little misunderstanding. You shouldn't get any blower kit with plans of getting better mileage. The blower does create more power, but at the cost of more fuel. If you're driving habits and conditions are optimal, you could possibly see good mileage. By no means should you plan on seeing better mileage though.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Gas mileage isnt an issue Ive just heard a few people increased gas mileage I guess if you dont drag race everywhere you go it wouldnt be so bad. My main thing is I cant decide on a Radix or centrifical-but gas mileage isnt a concern or I wouldnt be doing this at all. Sorry guess i didnt explain enough.