Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

SVO Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 05:42 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SVO Fuel Injectors

The SVO (Ford) injectors rated 30lb. @43psi...will they fit in a 6.0 without modifications to the wiring harness or fuel rail? I was told today they would by a supplier. Does anyone have experience with these?
Old 07-17-2003, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SVO Fuel Injectors

No, you do have to modify the harness and fuel rail. Well, I don't think the fuel rail NEEDS to be modified unless you want it to look stock and not raised. XLR8NSS just did this with SVO 42# injectors I believe, you should try reading a couple of his latest posts-they're pretty detailed.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuel rail NEEDS to be modified. Since the injectors are taller than the stock ones and they're on an angle the bolt holes are thrown outta wack and the bolt tabs need spacers under them to compensate for the extra height. The crossover tube also needs to be rebent to allow for the different orientation of the rails.

The stock truck injectors use a TOTALLY different connector than the SVO injectors so the LS1 style connectors have to be spliced in.

Here is the write up I did with some pictures also.

<a href="https://ls1tech.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB18&amp;Number=60834 1&amp;page=1&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=7&a mp;fpart=1" target="_blank"><font color="red">Truck to Fbody injector conversion<!--color--></font></a>
Old 07-17-2003, 07:52 PM
10 Second Truck Club

But we are not talking the exact same injector. Suppose the supplier might be correct on this smaller one?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Adkoonerstrator

I've had SVO 30# injectors before for my '00 SS Camaro and they are the same dimensions as the 42# SVO's. In fact most all injectors have the same connectors and dimensions(height wise) EXCEPT the crazy little suckers in our trucks.

A 30# SVO will act similiar to a 36# injector at our fuel pressure. There are bigger injectors available that are direct replacements, they're exspensive though. www.rceng.com sells them, if you do search on fuel injectors in here I'm sure you'll find some useful info about them.

The 30# SVO's have a red top instead of the green like on my 42#ers.

John

Old 07-17-2003, 08:35 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in some ford 42's a couple months ago and all I did was splice on the new connectors, put a 3/4" spacer under each of the 4 bolts and get 4 new bolts about 3/4" longer. No bending or modifying was needed on mine. The only thing I wish I would have done and I will next time I have it apart, is paint them ugly things black!! I hate the color green anyway but these injectors are extra horrid to look at!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:39 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I ran a set of 30 pound SVO injectors with my whipple last year. I think I started this injector swapping rail bending connector splicing busness when I did. They ran fine.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:47 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Thanks guys, sure sounds like you have been there...done that...got the t-shirt! I'm sure gonna question the supplier again tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Adkoonerstrator

L-EATER - I could see that working. It just seems there would be ALOT of pressure on one side of the injector o-rings and not much on the other side. I guess if they don't leak everything is good though.

I'd still recommend doing it the other way but, that's just an opinion.

Just put a thin film of oil on the green tops. They'll be covered with dust and stuff in no time flat.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Adkoonerstrator

I ran a set of 30 pound SVO injectors with my whipple last year. I think I started this injector swapping rail bending connector splicing busness when I did. They ran fine.
Richard - Yep, it should be called the BigTex Fuel Injector Conversion Mod. B.F.I.C.M. for short. How was my write up compared to what you did?

Quick Reply: SVO Fuel Injectors