Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

tahoe with lt headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tahoe with lt headers

hey guys i just recently purchased a set of lt headers with ypipe from a member on here should be here on wensday im in the process of learning as much as i can as far as performance..i currently have a CAI, corvette servo, flowmaster(will change soon) any other muffler you guys suggest that flows alot better, what about magnaflow? i also ported my throttle body and thats about it..it has stock 3.73 gears and im running 24s
i dont want a to make this a race truck but i do want to get alot better torque and some hp.. now will the lt headers add a noticable difference? i will be getting a tune in about a month also, going with black bear..any other suggestions are welcome
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Headers combine with a good tune definitely make a difference. I would drive easy (no WOT) until you get the tune. I have an Airaid MIT air intake, headers, ORY, and tune on my Tahoe and it's much better now.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

glad to hear that man! thanks for the input..how much of a difference did you feel?
Old 10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

The butt meter says about 30 hp. Expect some O2 sensor codes until you get it tuned.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

yea ive heard about that..will it actually feel a difference right after i put em on or will it feel slugish until a tune ?
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by josueh95
yea ive heard about that..will it actually feel a difference right after i put em on or will it feel slugish until a tune ?
You don't need a tune for longtubes honestly. And the headers won't change ur tune in anyway if you have a previous tune. The only need for a tune after headers is to delete o2 sensor codes and for more power of course. Drive it like you stole it.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry, but I have to disagree. LT headers indeed changes air and fueling parameters. If it didn't, there would be no power increase. You really need to get retuned. Until you do, you are leaving half of the potential power gains on the table. Again, unless you have a wideband or have a way to check WOT air/fuel ratio (or at least monitor the fuel trims), I would use a little caution until it's tuned, especially since you've done other things too (i.e. CAI, TB porting, exhaust mods, etc.). I'd hate for you to run it lean and damage something. You will be okay with normal driving, just try (I know it'll be hard) to limit WOT until it's retuned.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Yea I'm sure it does change slightly but doesn't seem like it'd be enough to have to drastically change driving style or need an immediate retune. Atleast a local tuner here said no need for a retune after I got my old ride tuned and later put lt headers on.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

well currently i got no tune on it but will in a month or soo il get one..thanks for the input guys..il try not to slam the gas too often bbut i will admit i am going to have to try it jaja
Old 10-09-2013, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

does anyone know if i soak my manifold bolts with pb blaster is it still ok to drive? il install headerrs in a couple days but i want to get the bolts out as easy as possible but this is my daily driver

Quick Reply: tahoe with lt headers