Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TBSS Intake Swap onto 06' Silverado L33?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pray
I am with you on all that. My point was that if you spent the the money on (new)Injectors, TB, Intake, Rails, X-link, Injector Clips and so on. You are close to $1,400 with a TBSS intake. You would be well over half the cost to a KB turbo Kit and not too far off from getting a used PD/SC. You may get 20-30rw with the intake and at least 150rw from the FI. Believe me, I am a N/A guy all the way, just look at my sig. But with a 5,000 vehicle N/A just isn't going to cut it. I don't think I would ever run a car intake on the truck. I want every ounce of TQ I can get.

I also wouldn't run a EWP, even though I have had great luck with them in DD Corvettes, but it was just an option to make about the same power as the intake when combined with an U/D pulley.

I will try the Dr. x xlink. I may not have been typing it correctly. All I ever came up with was guys selling used ones or needing a TAC box and other stuff with it. I will need to convert my injectors since mine were maxed before the headers and ported heads. I would still like to see your set up. Thanks.
I think I spent around $900-$1000 to get my tbss intake on. The an fittings really spiked the cost for me. If I used the stock fuel rails and the vette fuel filter, it probably would've been around $700. I think it came out looking pretty good, though. I'll work on getting some pics up tomorrow. I'll be on my off days.

To make you feel better about it, don't include the cost of the injectors in the total. The way I see it, you need them no matter what intake you run. I'd roll that into the cost of cam/heads.

It is a small pain to run a car intake. If heard of some issues with the 102 fast truck intakes having some issues. It would have to be a fast for me to run it.

Can't argue the 5k lbs and boost arguement. But there are some nice running n/a ecabs out there. You'd have to run a little more cubes I think though.

I'll pm you the link to the xlink.