Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TBSS Throttle Body Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

The TB scalar needs to be changed from 0.208 to 0.1709...er something like that
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
The TB scalar needs to be changed from 0.208 to 0.1709...er something like that
It's from 0.0208 to 0.0170, I did that and it really doesn't make much difference. It's just suppose to help the idle calibrate quicker.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Launching!

your x-link is it one of the newer ones or the older style because i know the older ones dont work with the tbss tbody , i have a new l92 tbody for sale 125 shipped
Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I installing a new LS2 intake set-up on a 6.0 and have discovered problems like this surfacing up. I called speartech yesterday and they said that in 2006(and newer) Chevy did something different to their throttle system. Speartech said that in order to possibly to get this 90mm LS2 tb to work, I would have to change the tach module and pedal assembly. Speartech also said that I would throw ses codes too..........Which x-link did you use??? The one from speartech or scoggins???

James
Old 01-09-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by closet red neck
I installing a new LS2 intake set-up on a 6.0 and have discovered problems like this surfacing up. I called speartech yesterday and they said that in 2006(and newer) Chevy did something different to their throttle system. Speartech said that in order to possibly to get this 90mm LS2 tb to work, I would have to change the tach module and pedal assembly. Speartech also said that I would throw ses codes too..........Which x-link did you use??? The one from speartech or scoggins???

James
im almost positive he's using the DR-X Link.
http://www.torquerush.com/
Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by caddy03pimpin
your x-link is it one of the newer ones or the older style because i know the older ones dont work with the tbss tbody , i have a new l92 tbody for sale 125 shipped
I have the newer style x-link and I believe it is doing it's job properly. I believe The TBSS TB is the same as the L92. I have found a brand new one locally for a good price that I am going to try out.

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
im almost positive he's using the DR-X Link.
http://www.torquerush.com/
Correct that is what I'm using which as far as I have seen is the best option and Dr.X has great customer service.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I was able to duplicate the P1516 code in my driveway with the key in the on position and not running today. I put a heavy brick on the gas pedal and verified the TB was open 100% then lightly pushed on the blade in the direction to close it and found that it doesn't take much pressure at all to cause the P1516 code to show up and go into REP. Looks to me like it has nothing to do with the springs in the different TB's like people seem to think. I think the motor in my TB is too weak to handle high airflow turbulence. Could be a problem with the truck TB in general but I won't know until I get to test a new truck TB against a car TB. I have access to a new truck TB but not a car one so if the new truck one works I won't be spending money on a car one to test it, unless someone wants to loan me one.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:38 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by truckmann
I was able to duplicate the P1516 code in my driveway with the key in the on position and not running today. I put a heavy brick on the gas pedal and verified the TB was open 100% then lightly pushed on the blade in the direction to close it and found that it doesn't take much pressure at all to cause the P1516 code to show up and go into REP. Looks to me like it has nothing to do with the springs in the different TB's like people seem to think. I think the motor in my TB is too weak to handle high airflow turbulence. Could be a problem with the truck TB in general but I won't know until I get to test a new truck TB against a car TB. I have access to a new truck TB but not a car one so if the new truck one works I won't be spending money on a car one to test it, unless someone wants to loan me one.

Were you pushing the blade more open, or toward the closed position?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by closet red neck

James
The 2006 and 2007(Classic) trucks use a different pedal position sensor and TAC module. They do not have to be changed if you use the X-Link. It is plug n play for all 2003-2006 and 2007 Classic trucks.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DrX
Were you pushing the blade more open, or toward the closed position?
I actually tried both, but pushing it to the open position didn't do anything. I couldn't even move the blade open any more so I'm sure it was at WOT. When I pushed it in the closed direction it immediately went into REP and gave the P1516 code and I didn't have to push very hard at all.

Quick Reply: TBSS Throttle Body Problem