Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Thank you CMOTORSPORTS !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you CMOTORSPORTS !!!!!

Just had my 00' Yukon XL computer tuned by them, and the results are awesome !!

Seth was a super cool guy to deal with and took the time to go through every file my truck had and adjusted everything to increase the power and my fuel economy.

Its a completely bone stock 5.3, with 45,000 miles on it, that was a pig before.

Prior to the tune, i told Seth that i was only getting about 380 miles per tank, and it was really irritating me.

After about 20 minutes worth of work, and file adjusting, im now getting 450 miles out of a tank of gas , and the cool part is the truck now chirps 2nd gear.

Im very impressed that i picked up an extra 70 miles on a tank of gas, and so was he.

He was a great guy to deal with, and wouldnt let me go home until i was absolutely satisfied with everything, and it was done to my liking.

Big thanks again to Seth, Sam, and Dave over there at Combination Motorsports.

Brian

Old 10-14-2003, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Thank you CMOTORSPORTS !!!!!

they kick *** man i have ordered several parts for my Z from them

heck im waiting on a cam to come in for the Z so i can get the new stroker done and back on the road
Old 10-15-2003, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What is there number?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

What is there number?

www.cmotorsports.com
Old 10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

What is there number?

702-798-8504

Seth is the main guy that i dealt with, and took the time to really answer all my questions and concerns, and i hit him pretty hard with both categories.

He definately gets an "A" in all aspects from me.

On a side note... they had some pretty wicked cars down there, that they were getting some ridiculous heart transplants.

A white WS6, getting a 409, and an F1.
A brand new black Z06 still with dealer plates, getting long tubes and a vortech.
And 2 impala's, one that they call pig was getting finishing touches on his 383/F1/n2o motor, and a really clean turbo kit going in another one.

Brian
Old 10-15-2003, 07:09 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you happen to see a silverado with a single turbo? maybe take some spy photos?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

did you happen to see a silverado with a single turbo? maybe take some spy photos?
The silver silverado, is actually pewter, and its Seth's girls truck.

Him and i discussed the single turbo kit briefly, but im under the impression that if someone is completely serious about the kit, then they will take a down payment, and the complete kit will be ready to go in about 3 weeks time.

I still have a hard-on from seeing those impala's.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, just went there today and talked to Seth for about an hour. Got a lot of ideas on what to do with the truck now. He said that they would have the turbo installed on the truck within 3 weeks, and they will play with the boost amounts. He showed me the plumbing on the pipes and the turbo uppipe that they will use, and the custom header for the install.

I am going to wait, and not sell my truck and just soup it up like I wanted. They will probably do a cam swap for me with a custom grind here in about a month. I will keep my stock heads, since they say for supercharging, the modded heads don't give that much more power for how expensive they are, and I would be better just supercharging and camming. They said the cam would give me about 25 to 35 hp right now, and expect about 50 to 60 more with the supercharging. This would put me right at the 500hp level that I was trying to achieve. I am going to wait to see how the turbo comes out, then I might do that instead of the Radix. I found out also they do the tranny work too. Anything GM related they will do. They seem real competent, and have been around for a while now. I know there shop looks sloppy now, but they are moving out to the track now.

Also that Impala puts 786hp to the rear tires on the dyno, with its turbo setup, so they look pretty damn competent in what they are doing.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another MAJOR kudos to Combination Motorsports !!!and especially to Seth !!!....I just had my tuning done today and all I can say is WOW !!!

I can bark the tires on the WOT 1-2 shift, the power is WAY up from stock and the shift points and firmness are PERFECT, Seth also spent over two hours diagnosing a KR and lean issue that I was having and was very patient (still having a false knock issue that I will correct when I swap to the LS1 intake)

Sam and Dave were also VERY cool, Dave owns a new 2500HD with a DMax/Ally combo and a DuraMaximizer that will spin the tires all the way through the 60'!!

I reccomend EVERYONE in the Las Vegas Area check these guys out !!...you can find their sponsor link to the right, click on "Racing Transmissions"------>