Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is there a High Performance Ballancer for the Trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used these for Pontiac builds and they work great very high quality piece, Its called Pro Race look em up but summit buys them and puts their name on them and sells them cheaper fwiw http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SU...0/?image=large
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you looking to run a performance ballancer, just to get a overdrvinen one?? Just curious
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Why are you looking to run a performance ballancer, just to get a overdrvinen one?? Just curious
Thats what I want, a overdriven one.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have an Innovator's West overdriven balancer, works great. ATI also makes an SFI balancer for the truck application.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Thats what I want, a overdriven one.
Ohh I here ya, I have a nice set of IW coming, happen to have a 10% overdriven crank pulley with it
Old 12-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Sorry for my ignorance but are you guys talking about the crank pulley or the harmonic balancer? I bought a larger crank pulley from whipple thats 8 rib.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Sorry for my ignorance but are you guys talking about the crank pulley or the harmonic balancer? I bought a larger crank pulley from whipple thats 8 rib.
they are as 1 in the gen3/4 engines..

heres the ati

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AT...n/?prefilter=0
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sprayed99
they are as 1 in the gen3/4 engines..

heres the ati

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AT...n/?prefilter=0
Oh your right I forgot that I am running the dual belt whipple thats why I have an extra crank pulley.

If it matters at all though whipple has a 6.5" and 7.0" They may have more sizes but those are the only two I have bought from them. I bet they probably have what you guys are looking for, if you shoot them a call or email Im sure they can tell you.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Years ago I bought an ASP pulley for my 99 Silverado. I had to put it on the lathe and lengthen the step to get it to seat at the proper depth, but now there are pulleys available for the trucks that don't require machine work. Powerbond has SFI rating as was mentioned and does not require machine work. The 25% underdrive is a great idea. The vehicles should come from the factory with 25% underdrive, because of the increased gas mileage due to less parasitic loss. If you look into future vehicles you will find these pulleys are going bye-bye. There will no longer be a serpentine belt in the future. Everything is going electric. There are already electric water pumps, and drive by wire which means no belt driven power steering pump. The A/C is also going to be driven by an electic motor. Once all the parasitic devices are run by electic motors the pulleys are gone as is the serpentine belt. At that point the crank pulley is no longer needed.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

dumb question here but what about the alternator to charge the batter or to help run all this electric crap? then wouldn't the drag of the alternator running all this crap pull down the motor alot also? i mean, to create enough current to run some of this stuff it will require alot of work for the electric generator.

Quick Reply: Is there a High Performance Ballancer for the Trucks?