Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Those living in Ontario with tuned engines... WTF now???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those living in Ontario with tuned engines... WTF now???

So... years ago, I installed a set of LT headers, big wide catalytic converters and a nice exhaust system and deleted rear O2's. Truck has never been tuned yet, always had more power than my firends equivalent truck, superior fuel mileage and always passed emissions with flying colors.

NOW... I went to do emissions, the SOB's use the OBD now??? Well f**k did I fail hard.

Now, I was close to buying EFI live and have my truck, and corvette tuned this year for the fun of it. But I'm guessing that those missing o2 sensors, regardless of what type of tune I give my truck will result in failure. Any suggestions here? My tuck is my daily, and I am totally fucked!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Bring a couple of cases of beer to the guy doing the inspection...assuming the Canadian emissions testing is similar to the states.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Atomic
Bring a couple of cases of beer to the guy doing the inspection...assuming the Canadian emissions testing is similar to the states.
The system prevents this, each test is monitored live by provincial government lackeys. Its retarded... this system doesn't make the air any cleaner than the dyno did.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:43 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey fella

I own a shop and a brand new etest machine in burlington.

Now im guessing your CEL light is on?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bgray
Hey fella

I own a shop and a brand new etest machine in burlington.

Now im guessing your CEL light is on?
Hey there

Yes it is. I convinced previous testers it was a defect and would pass me since dyno etest was flawless. I'd be willing to get a EFI live to delete the rear 02's, but the real problem is that i'm guessing this would still cause a problem with the new type of Etest machines.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:21 PM

100% any CEL will Fail our etest. I failed a mazda tribute today that has 2 tranny codes in it for prolonged shift codes. any code will cause a failure. We have been failing SOOOO many cars with the new system.

You need the truck tuned. Either get efi live and talk to a vendor(I use justin at blackbear), or just get a tuned ECM from him and do a crank relearn.

I would spend the 800 and get your own efi live, especially if you have 2 cars. I bought mine and have used it on probably 12 cars so far.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:21 PM

the old machines were a joke. I passed a saab once running on 3 cyl and a blown head gasket
Old 03-23-2013, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bgray
the old machines were a joke. I passed a saab once running on 3 cyl and a blown head gasket
Seriously? I was under the impression the old system was better than that. Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll def go ahead and go towards EFI live. I was jsut worried about spending the bucks and in the end finding out that i'll still be totally screwed.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Bgray is right. The old ones were a joke.

As far as the tuning program, well worth the money especially for your current issue.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the software, you won't have problems.

Quick Reply: Those living in Ontario with tuned engines... WTF now???