Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

For those of you who are wondering if the StainlessWorks will fit the 99-02's...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white1
Silver99, whats the chances of them fitting better on your truck with it being a 2wd? Ive been told the frame horns from the cab forward are different, but I dont know for sure. I know my Pacesetters arent that close anywhere, but they arent as nice eigther. Let us know what you end up doing. BTW they looks nice
Im not really sure man. Maybe its a header to header variance in that primary or something. I talked to Al, im going to try a set sometime.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
Im not really sure man. Maybe its a header to header variance in that primary or something. I talked to Al, im going to try a set sometime.
I'll bet that's the case...I was checkin it out in gear (had the e-brake set and the front wheels up against a big curb). It just rubs against the frame when I rev it...it's starting to leave scrape marks. Guess that's why I don't hear any banging since it's just rubbing. I could live with it, but my concern would be possibly breaking a header bolt off in the head or even hurting the pipe somehow.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I'll bet that's the case...I was checkin it out in gear (had the e-brake set and the front wheels up against a big curb). It just rubs against the frame when I rev it...it's starting to leave scrape marks. Guess that's why I don't hear any banging since it's just rubbing. I could live with it, but my concern would be possibly breaking a header bolt off in the head or even hurting the pipe somehow.
All thats got me thinking though. I dont want them rubbing at all. Not sure if that will fly in my book.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:18 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
All thats got me thinking though. I dont want them rubbing at all. Not sure if that will fly in my book.
I've emailed Al with a link to this thread, hopefully he can provide some insight. I'm having problems getting on their website...I keep gettin this message: "FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!"
Old 04-03-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they look sweet on there budhayes....that frame problem taht you are having.....do you think it would fit better on my truck seen as it has a 3" body lift..... i really want those headers!!!!!

also if i get the 02 pcm i could eliminate the egr correct???
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

the body lift isn't going to change the distance from the frame to the engine mount.....
Old 04-04-2006, 06:03 AM
TECH Addict

Billy,

got any pics of the y-pipe and cats?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:20 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by tdrumm
Billy,

got any pics of the y-pipe and cats?
I didn't take any as I was running out of time and daylight Sunday...I'll try and crawl my butt under there this week if we can get a day that isn't raining
Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UnrthdxDream
the body lift isn't going to change the distance from the frame to the engine mount.....

your right what the hell was i thinking!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I didn't take any as I was running out of time and daylight Sunday...I'll try and crawl my butt under there this week if we can get a day that isn't raining
Don't go nuts, I'm sure I'll see em in person soon enough.

Quick Reply: For those of you who are wondering if the StainlessWorks will fit the 99-02's...